Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mime-Attachments

Exclamation Mime-Attachments
    I know this question is posted everywhere but i still havent found an answer...if there even is an answer. Every time someone forwards an email to me with an attachment, it shows up as a grey rectangle and underneath says "mime-attachment" and you cant open it. Is there a solution?

Also, I know that yahoo is IMAP on the iPhone but does it automatically get E-mails even when the phone is locked? Because usually i only recieve the emails when I unlock my phone or sometimes I have to manually check for them.

Finally, I updated to 1.1.2 and ever since then i have had to force quit apps and/or restart my iPhone due to freezing or app glitches. Sometimes when i unlock or lock the phone the screen blinks white then black a few times. I have had to restart it more then 20 times! Its REDICULOUS! Anybody else having this problem or is it just me?

Thank You
    I Appreciate Any Help!

I would like to know the answer to this question also. Does anybody know a way to view these mime attachments. Also what is the file path to get to them? Thanks for the help

Default iPhone upgrade to 3Gs results in MIME attachments
    Wow, know this is an old thread, but I'm experiencing this same problem.

My original (first version) iPhone (on OP System ver 3.1)received forwarded readable emails as HTML and or text just fine.

Now, after upgrading to the new 3Gs iPhone and the newest iPhone operating system (3.1 ), all email from my Outlook 2003 rules (set to forward select email to another special bobiphone@xxx,com account on the same windows server), which I've always had set to access from my iPhone (no changes there that I know of), are all coming through as unreadable MIME attachments as described on the opening note in this thread.

So far as I know, nothing was changed on my email server or in my Outlook rules, yet all email is being forwarded as a MIME attachment now, worthless.

Help!

My iPhone utility has just dropped about 50 % because of this problem.