Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weird iphone restore

Default Weird iphone restore
    so this morning i iphone was working great then around 7 o clock tonight my email stopped working. i couldnt find a fix so i thought i would just restore through itunes and use a backup a made earlier this week. so bam i pop up itunes and something doesnt look right... where are all my playlists? wait a second all my music is gone, and my iphone doesnt recognize the itunes liberery, crap. i then look at the sync stuff for itunes and see that my backup for my iphone is still there. ok no big deal ill just add my music back to itunes. so i start a restore and the pop up says 'restoring Mikey's iphone'. who the heck is mikey and what is he doing with my iphone. but once it finished restoring it had all my contact info, i knew my music would be gone till i added it back to itunes but my email still wasnt working. ok so ill just restore the firmware and re-jailbreak it. i had used iliberity+ the first time i jailbreaked and had no problems with it and last week i wanted boot logos and so i jailbroke it with winpwn and have had alot of trouble with it. now im restoring my phone and still have no idea why my itunes went blank or why the backup was for a 'Mickey' or why the email stopped working all the sudden. if anyone has any answers to these questions i would really like to know.

-thanks

Thanks

Did you do the YouTube fix? I've heard that that changes your name to "Mikey's iPhone".

As for e-mail, SSH into your device and delete the folder "Mail" from /private/var/mobile/library. That should do the trick; I had the same problem yesterday.