Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bluetooth pairing with Pioneer problem

Default Bluetooth pairing with Pioneer problem
    After much searching I am still unable to find if there are any options for changing the bluetooth settings on the iPhone.

I currently have the deh-980bt deck installed in my car. On previous phones I have been able to get the phones to automatically pair with each other as soon as the car turns on. With the iPhone i have to manually pair the phone through the pioneer head unit.

I know there have been posts about adding contacts to the head unit. I would like to know if there is any new news on some way to add contacts to the head unit.

If anyone could give me any info on if it is even possible in the future with a jailbroken iPhone that we will be able to pair the iphone automatically.

i have the DEH-P790BT .. pretty much the same problems

with the 3G i have to un-pair and re-pair on the iphone for them to talk to each other

its a problem with the iphone because i've coupled other phones to the deck and they connect as soon as they get in range/the car stereo is turned on..

at least with the original iphone i could turn bluetooth on and off to get them to sync..now i have to unpair and re-enter the access code.. this is soooo stupid

and because the 3G doesnt do firewire charging the cable from the deck doesnt charge the phone either.. making it almost useless as i prefer choosing music via the phone than via the deck.. and 3.5mm jack will work that just fine.