Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error while trying to restore

Default Error while trying to restore
    I just got a refurb iphone from att. I am trying to restore in DFU mode. Will it give me any indication it is in DFU mode? The screen is black when I try to restore to 1.1.4 but it gives the following error when it is done "The Iphone "Iphone" cannot be used with Itunes because the SIM card is PIN locked or not installed. you must enter your SIM PIN or insert your Sim Card into your iphone in order to activate it". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling itunes but to no avail. Does anyone know what to do here?

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

It will show you WHITE screen,when it will be in DFU mode,not black.

oh ok, thanks.. also should mention SIM card is out.

The error message says it all... you have to use an At&T SIM (That comes with out of the box iphones) or remove the lock from your SIM with another phone before connecting it.

One question, can you see the "slide for emergency" screen in the iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by anks106 View Post
    oh ok, thanks.. also should mention SIM card is out.
    You should have a SIM card inserted all the time.
    Last edited by elnekis; 2008-05-29 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

how can I use the AT&T sim to remove the lock? Is there a guide on that somewhere? As for the slide for emergency, yes

About the sim card being out, I am trying to unlock it for use with T-mobile. The guides I read say remove the sim card before entering DFU and restoring.. is this incorrect?
    Last edited by anks106; 2008-05-29 at 05:57 PM.