Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why did this happen?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Why did this happen?
    Ok so I had a little bit of a scare. I installed Erica's command line utils, not sure if thats what did it or not, but after installing my iphone locked up. I did a hard reboot and when I rebooted I could touch into applications but once in an application I could click nothing. I could go back to the springboard and touch icons and move from page to page but no button in any application would work. I restarted many many times, and hard booted many times and would still get the same result. for some reason it just started working again and I unistalled everything i just installed and now its doing it again..

Any clue why?

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paulishuku View Post
    Ok so I had a little bit of a scare. I installed Erica's command line utils, not sure if thats what did it or not, but after installing my iphone locked up. I did a hard reboot and when I rebooted I could touch into applications but once in an application I could click nothing. I could go back to the springboard and touch icons and move from page to page but no button in any application would work. I restarted many many times, and hard booted many times and would still get the same result. for some reason it just started working again and I unistalled everything i just installed and now its doing it again..

Any clue why?
    You have Kate installed? Try a restore, always works.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well heres the thing about kate.. i installed it, then unistalled it.. But under settings you can still see RIP Dev->Kate but when you open up installer and go to Uninstall Kate is not there.

What's the fix for this? Reinstall, then uninstall from Installer? Because originally I uninstalled from the RIP Dev->Kate.

Thanks

No, when you uninstall Kate you have to go into the Kate installer on your Springboard first and uninstall the mods there before you uninstall in Installer...

Try reinstalling Kate if you can get to the Installer, if not, I suggest a restore, and be more careful next time.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey, thanks for your help. Luckily this guy posted a good tutorial on this problem. YouTube - HOW TO GET RID OF KATE on iPhone!!!

That was def the problem. DAMN YOU KATE!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paulishuku View Post
    Hey, thanks for your help. Luckily this guy posted a good tutorial on this problem. YouTube - HOW TO GET RID OF KATE on iPhone!!!

That was def the problem. DAMN YOU KATE!
    Haha, no problem. You could have searched the forum, there are tutorials everywhere...

Make sure you always click thanks.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP