Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help ith restore!!

Default Please help ith restore!!
    i as getting the no service problem with ziphone so i decided to do a restore, put it into restore mode and itunes downloaded the restore file. it started the process of restoring then the bar got stuck, it doesnt seem to be doing anything no....when i hold power button to switch off then unplug usb it and switch back on again it shos the itunes logo and the lead connection, i cant get it off this, can anyone help me please!!

I think your iPhone is not getting enough power off of your USB port. Something similar happened to me few months ago when I my iPhone was connected to my Tablet PC while I was trying to restore 1.1.4 on it.
    In my case, it got stuck at "Restoring Firmware", can't remember though. I would suggest restoring your iPhone on a desktop, and your iTunes version must be 7.5.x or later

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

try a new cable also.. maybe that will help. i like to use my ipod cable so it locks in there when restoring/syncing so theres no chance of it getting unpluged
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

New cable good, even the one with the locks. But once there's connection, don't pick up the iphone just let it lie there. A couple of times I picked it up mine iphone when it was connected, and it lost connection. I guess my connector on the iphone is getting loose.