Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: This is how I hope to get my iphone replaced... what do you all think?

Default This is how I hope to get my iphone replaced... what do you all think?
    Hi guys,

I'm hoping you all could read over what I plan to do to get my unlocked, no wifi/bluetooth/messed up calls iphone replaced at the apple store.

I first received no wifi a few months ago along with the problem of not getting calls. I switched back to using my blackberry phone in the meantime while I tried to look for a fix for the iphone problem. I searched ALL over the net and tried every possible fix for it, but no luck.

I knew that there was no way to get it replaced for hardware failure at the apple store since the phone is unlocked, but I do have 1 dead pixel. I figure I can go return it based on the deadpixel. So I did a complete restore of the phone, then went to the apple store to hopefully get it replaced.

Well, they said that they would happily replace the phone, but they went looking to make sure the phone was linked to an at&t account, and there ya go I couldn't get it replaced!

Argh! So I have ONE final idea to get it replaced. I have a friend who I take to the airport often and I never ask for anything in return. He has at&t but with no iphone plan, so do you all know if it would be possible to have him add on the minimum 20 dollar iphone plan to his at&t plan using my existing iphone ( that was the iphone's serial number is linked to an actual account ), go return the phone based on the dead pixel or no wifi thing, get my new phone and just have him cancel the iphone plan? I've already asked him about this and he said he has no problem helping me out, so I just hope that this will work. Is there any penalty to adding a service to a plan and then canceling it a few days later?

Please let me know all! Thank you!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes thats a good idea, it should work but keep in mind that the iphone plan is an addition 2 year contract. I'm not sure about the cancellation period that you can stop the plan before it becomes permanently 2 years.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

just do a prepaid its 50 bucks. just fail the credit check than sign up for prepaid. via itunes
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

I thought that pre paid did not exist for iphone. So when I hook up my iphone, how do i purposely fail the credit check so I am able to sign up for pre paid?

And are you sure pre paid will allow me to switch out my phone for the dead wifi/no pixel?

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

i failed cuz i have bad credit. lol. but you can put in ur social security one digit off. And yeh they dont advertise it but it exists, its not a ligit prepaid but its 50 bucks either way so you pay ounce and its active than just cancel or wht ever whn u get a new one. and use ur other sim should be good. but just make sure you do a restore with itunes and set up ne w account b4 you being back. dont wanna void that warranty. good luck
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

So I've already restored throgh itunes. so when apple checks to see if the phone is linked to an account it will definitely come up even if its prepaid?

Thanks for the reply by the way!