Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PLEASE HELP - Upgraded to 1.1.4 and now Stuck

Default PLEASE HELP - Upgraded to 1.1.4 and now Stuck
    Anyone here, please help me

This is my situation right now

1. Got iPhone unlocked yesterday (25.05.08)
    2. Started using this in INDIA with AIRTEL service
    3. Its a 8GB Phone
    4. Version on iTunes showing as 1
    5. I saw the latest update as 1.1.4 and had iTune upgrade it to 1.1.4
    6. End of it started asking insert AT&T or Supported SIM Card
    7. Inserted AT&T and it took me to the screen of Activate iPhone

I insert my AIRTEL SIM Card, doesnt recognize
    Now the firmware version on my iphone is 04.04.05_G

IPHONE, GURUs - Please help me getting out of this situation - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I'm by no means a guru [of iPhone at least ] But i would say search the forums here because there is a lot of info that can aid you.

Since AirTel is not being recognized when you attempt to activate your phone, you may need to 'Jailbreak' it, and skip standard activation:

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Get...g_OS_X_current

You'll need to "Unlock" your iPhone in order for it to "activate".

Again, search the boards, I'm not a guru. And good luck, iphind_123.
    Last edited by Ha_Xiu; 2008-05-26 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Updated Link
    Check out the Wallpaper I make and be sure to rate! If you have any requests, please let me know. Enjoy

Well, your best bet judging from your knowledge of what is going on is to acquire a tool called Ziphone. Search the forums or even Google for a link. Once acquired and installed hooke your iPhone up to your cpu by the supplied usb cable and click on the "Do it All" button in ZiPhone. This seems like the easiest way to solve your problem with your knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by sr20_00 View Post
    Well, your best bet judging from your knowledge of what is going on is to acquire a tool called Ziphone. Search the forums or even Google for a link. Once acquired and installed hooke your iPhone up to your cpu by the supplied usb cable and click on the "Do it All" button in ZiPhone. This seems like the easiest way to solve your problem with your knowledge.
    Wouldn't Liberty+ be a decent alternative as well? It has a user-friendly environment.
    ---------------------------

To iphind_123: Either program you choose though, will help you in performing the "release" of your iPhone so that you can have it functioning ASAP.
    Check out the Wallpaper I make and be sure to rate! If you have any requests, please let me know. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Ha_Xiu View Post
    Wouldn't Liberty+ be a decent alternative as well? It has a user-friendly environment.
    ---------------------------

To iphind_123: Either program you choose though, will help you in performing the "release" of your iPhone so that you can have it functioning ASAP.

Sure would. I just think ZiPhone is a little more user friendly with his level of experience. I just gather from his post he doesn't much know what's going on. I think iLiberty has a few too many options that he will be confused on what to check and what not to check.

Thanks to one and All - I just downloaded Ziphone2.5. Will update on this thread back

Guys - Thank You All - Things are back to Normal

Infact yesterday SMS was not working, Caller Identification was not working and there was some lap when u make calls.

Now with the help of ziphone - everything works -
    Last edited by iphind_123; 2008-05-26 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Glad to hear everything went well. Good luck with your iPhone. Be sure to check out the Guides section on this forum in order to learn more on how to manipulate and personalize your iPhone.

Main Page - ModMyI - Wiki

Those guides will also help you so you wont have to waste time asking for help. In turn it will give you more time to have fun on your iPhone!

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

DONT USE ZIPHONE! PLEASE,IT CAN RUIN YOUR IPHONE! USE IPLUS/ILIBERTY/PWNAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    DONT USE ZIPHONE! PLEASE,IT CAN RUIN YOUR IPHONE! USE IPLUS/ILIBERTY/PWNAGE!
    I am sorry for your luck man but some people just have different luck with other programs than others do. Take a look at my most recently started thread if you care to see how Pwnage has ruined mine. Never did I have that sort of luck with ZiPhone.

Yea Ziphone has always worked prefect for me and its the easiest way to jailbreak in my opinion