Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my iphone came with an at&t sim card by mistake

Default my iphone came with an at&t sim card by mistake
    i bought a new 16 gb iphone and it came with an at&t sim card it's a first i think ,by the way i wanted to ask u a question about th winpwn tool i used it on my new iphone wih the at&t sim inside it ok , then when after the pwnage i realized the sim was in it normal right , the problem is that after i removed and put my sim card the iphone didn't recognize it what shall i do , please guys any help would be useful

Quote Originally Posted by ziuszius View Post
    i bought a new 16 gb iphone and it came with an at&t sim card it's a first i think ,by the way i wanted to ask u a question about th winpwn tool i used it on my new iphone wih the at&t sim inside it ok , then when after the pwnage i realized the sim was in it normal right , the problem is that after i removed and put my sim card the iphone didn't recognize it what shall i do , please guys any help would be useful
    LMAO...dude...that's NORMAL. All iPhones ship with a AT&T SIM card cuz of obvious reasons.

I know Winpwn\Pwnage is the best tool to pwn ur iPhone, but if you merely want to unlock, use something simple - iDemocracy or iLiberty or iPlus2.0. It seems you didn't use Winpwn\Pwnage correctly and that's why your SIM is not recognized.

Thanks

YUP................................... Thats Normal dude.............................................. .....................................Fail Stamp

Right on your forehead.
    EDM

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

AHHHHHH,MY PHONE CAME WITH AT&T SIM CARD TOO! I AM DEAD

L0L dude,thats NORMAL

sorry guys , that was foolish of me i didn't know that .ok , but the pwanage tool well i checked in advanced in the winpwn and checked activate only , please tell me what to do should i check foe unlock bootloader or what , thanks for ur help

the iphone with the at&t sim is not the problem the problem is that pwnage wouldn't unlock
    Last edited by ziuszius; 2008-05-25 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by ziuszius View Post
    sorry guys , that was foolish of me i didn't know that .ok , but the pwanage tool well i checked in advanced in the winpwn and checked activate only , please tell me what to do should i check foe unlock bootloader or what , thanks for ur help

the iphone with the at&t sim is not the problem the problem is that pwnage wouldn't unlock
    Use iDemocracy or iLiberty It is easier to use then Pwnage - Pwnage is meant for tasks that are more complex in nature (such as using custom firmware). For unlocking it is easier to use iDemocracy

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

if u already pwned, jus create a custom firmware with that same pwn tool and tell it to unlock/activate/neuter your phone and you'll be set. don't forget to make sure installer is included then jus go restore and your done
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajrulez View Post
    Use iDemocracy or iLiberty It is easier to use then Pwnage - Pwnage is meant for tasks that are more complex in nature (such as using custom firmware). For unlocking it is easier to use iDemocracy
    i have a question...

what is easier to unlock my iPhone to use with any SIM card:

iLiberty or iDemocracy?

i'm new to UNLOCKING iPhones, but i'm used to jailbreaking iPhones and iPod Touch...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeav93 View Post
    i have a question...

what is easier to unlock my iPhone to use with any SIM card:

iLiberty or iDemocracy?

i'm new to UNLOCKING iPhones, but i'm used to jailbreaking iPhones and iPod Touch...
    Just use iLiberty - go to the link below and follow the instructions. It only takes like 4-5 clicks to get it all done.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock Your iPhone With iLiberty+ (Windows)

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

just wondering why youd want to unlock and not jailbreak. i mean if your going to void your warranty you might as well be playing sega while doing it. Maybe just me. but good luck wither way
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!