Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Problem

Default iPhone Problem
    Hi,
    I dropped my iPhone some days ago and got the lowest part of the touch screen dead (irresponsive to touch) (Phone, iPod, Mail, Safari...)
    I tried to restore the firmware many times with no success.
    Tried the general.plist file (which modifies the touch sensitivity) and got the half of that part working (I can access Phone, iPod etc now) but by touching the screen a little bit above the icon...
    Still I can't access the lowest section of them (Contacts, Recent calls, Artist, Videos etc)...
    Any idea if that's a hardware or a software problem? If it's software-related how can I fix it? And if not, is Apple still exchanging dead phones for new ones (under the warranty) now that the 3G version is rolling out?

Thanks in advance
    Regards

I have the same problem.I dropped my phone and now the top half is not working.I can't even return my phone to Apple as iphone hasn't been launched in my country yet.I've jailbroken my phone.Any ideas??I'm on firmware 1.1.1.Can anyone tell me what to do?

if it's not the firmware, you may have broken it. If any of the connections have come loose or pixels dead, it's broken. The best thing to do is to replace the screen if apple aren't taking it back. If increasing the sensitivity doesn't work, it's probably broken.

Sorry

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Umm, if you drop your iPhone, it wont change your software. Lol. Like data loss never occurs if you physically damage your phone.
    It's defiantly hardware and the most you can do is TRY and get a replacement... Or just sell it and buy one of the 3G iPhones when they come out.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Default Please help with phone
    My screen looks okay.I'm just not able to access my text,photos ,camera etc.can anyone tell me if it's a hardware or software problem?I'm a newbie.Any help or idea will be appreciated.thanks
    Last edited by bono writer; 2008-05-25 at 02:15 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG. I JUST TOLD YOU. THERE IS NO WAY IT CAN BE SOFTWARE IF YOU DROPPED YOUR PHONE. Have you ever dropped your iPhone and all of a sudden songs disappear or your apps disappear. It's the same with the firmware. If you drop your phone is not going to affect the firmware.
    It's defiantly HARDWARE.
    There's no:
    • tweek
    • fix
    • restore
    • update
    • app
    • or anything else

that will fix this.
    You need a replacement. The touch screen hardware has been damaged...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Quote Originally Posted by MattMac View Post
    Umm, if you drop your iPhone, it wont change your software. Lol. Like data loss never occurs if you physically damage your phone.
    It's defiantly hardware and the most you can do is TRY and get a replacement... Or just sell it and buy one of the 3G iPhones when they come out.
    Thanks,
    PS: replacement means "free replacement at Apple Store" in this case?

If only restoring Firmware fixed Hardware issues...

look on ebay. that have tons of iphone screens

go here: iPhone Touchscreen Fix: Increase Sensitivity
    try to upload the files and be able to operate your phone to:
    a) fix and adjust the part of screen you dont need
    b) restore to original state and return to apple as broken (remove jailbreak)