Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G iPhone to support 42Mbps Evolved HSPA data?

Default 3G iPhone to support 42Mbps Evolved HSPA data?
    Quote Originally Posted by Engadget View Post
    Get this. Australian site ChannelNews claims that a "senior executive of Telstra" is the latest 3G iPhone bean spiller. They quote the exec as saying the following:

"We know what is coming we have seen the new device and it will be available on our network as soon as it is launched in the USA. By Christmas this phone will be capable of 42Mbps which will make it faster than a lot of broadband offerings and the fastest iPhone on any network in the world."

Interesting. We know that Telstra's Next G HSDPA network has been capable of 14.4Mbps since 2007. At GSMA Mobile World Congress, they even committed to 21Mbps before the end of the year and 42Mbps using HSPA+ (aka, Evolved HSPA, HSPA Evolution) technology in 2009... not Christmas of 2008. Hard to say if this is just industry blow-harding or actual insider info. June 9th: T-minus 17 days and counting.

[Thanks, Paul S.]

Read -- Telstra 42Mbps HSPA+ in 2009
    Read-- Telstra 3G iPhone rumor
    42Mbps? I barley use my 10mbps from my ISP, thats insane... If its 42mbps, imagine the darn data bill, must be in the hundreds . Still, who is going to need 42MBPS of data transfer? Must have video calling and mobile TV just from reading that if it does have the 42mbps transfer. Scary :S

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

faster is always better. and no one really nows anyhting untill its here have to wait and see. but i wouldnt see y it wouldnt. at&t is updating all there networks
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

wow if this is true... BY CURRENT iPHONE!

Thanks

That's nuts... Data bill = $$$, indeed.