Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Do I Put Ringtones on my iphone?

Default How Do I Put Ringtones on my iphone?
    i have a unlocked/hacked phone, i have indpendence 2 but i mostly use ibrickr, my ringtones are in mp3 format, so what do i do

What firmware are you on?

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, first off you need to buy three chickens and 1 goat. draw a pentagram on your forehead, chest, and in the middle of your house. dress in all black robes and have your iPhone set in the pentagram. sacrifice the chickens to apple and the goats blood to steve jobs. then maybe the apple gods will allow you to play 50 cent as your moms ringtone.

all joked aside. there are numerous ways to add ringtones. each way is differerent for the firmwares. it would help to have your fw.

Thanks

Cut them down to about 30 seconds with Audacity and then import them to itunes.

Once they're in your music tab of itunes go to Advanced and convert them to AAC files.

Now change the file type from .m4a to .m4r and double click the file. This will move the file to your ringtones tab in itunes.

Sync your phone and your new ringtones will be listed as custom ring tones and available for you to select.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9&dateline=1181485574

Dear Sir
    Could you please advice how can i convert the file from m4a to m4r
    thanking you in advance
    kind regards
    Ashabibi

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tavillo's Avatar
    Thanks

if u got the files already on .m2a
    use idemocracy this windows sofware just add the files on ringtones and put sinc (after u put ur IP number) n this automatically convert the files into .m4r and sync it to the ringtones list, but u just can add like 2 or 3 if u have the original iphone ringtones...
    well u can add more, but just 2 or 3 ur gonna be able to hear...
    If i help u n some way give me a tnks!!
    Theres no other, all i can say is MMi Rocks!!

1.1.1 iPhone 8GB/Nokia 6131(when im out of country)/Samsungt519(just for emergency)
    PS3 60GB/XBox 360 Elite 120GB/Wii
    iBook n VAIO Laptops

i used audacity to make the ringtones smaller it only rings for 20seconds so why do you need a 4 min ringtone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tavillo's Avatar
    Thanks

it doesnt matter if its 20 sec. cuz theres a denominated space for ringtones, u were thinking that all ur avaliable space is was the space for the ringtones? naha
    just try it... if ur ringtones of 20sec, ur gonna be able to add like (taking out the original ringtones) 10 ringtones...
    If i help u n some way give me a tnks!!
    Theres no other, all i can say is MMi Rocks!!

1.1.1 iPhone 8GB/Nokia 6131(when im out of country)/Samsungt519(just for emergency)
    PS3 60GB/XBox 360 Elite 120GB/Wii
    iBook n VAIO Laptops

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashabibi View Post
    Dear Sir
    Could you please advice how can i convert the file from m4a to m4r
    thanking you in advance
    kind regards
    Ashabibi
    Quote Originally Posted by ColsTiger View Post
    Now change the file type from .m4a to .m4r

This wasn't clear enough?

It is just a rename.

In windows make sure show file extensions is on (open folder where file is stored and click Tools ->Folder Options, then file the check box for show file extensions)

Then click on the file and hits F2 (rename).
    Delete the m4a and type m4r

For using a mac, see the above post reference the chicken and goat and replace with a water hippo and chupacabra.

Quote Originally Posted by samihassan View Post
    i have a unlocked/hacked phone, i have indpendence 2 but i mostly use ibrickr, my ringtones are in mp3 format, so what do i do
    There are numerous ways (free ones too) to do this, but I use a software called Iphone Ringtone Maker. Yes, I paid for it...But you know what? It works perfectly up to v1.1.2!!! It even dumps the ringtones into the IpHone directly without using Itunes...Been really happy with it...

Of course the downside is that you have to BUY it...oh no...paying for software what a concept lol....Honestly it's cheap ($14.95 right now) and it works flawlessly...

Here's the site -> http://www.efksoft.com/index.htm
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

First, go down audacity (google it).

Open an MP3 in Audacity and cut out a 30 or so second clip (no more than 40 seconds)
    save the clip with a (7) character name
    right click on the MP3 file and select open with and select Itunes
    Find the clip in your list of music on Itunes
    Right click on the track in Itunes and select convert the file to AAC
    You will now have two clips (right click on the clip to verify which one is now the AAC formated one)
    Right click on that file and select open file in windows explorer (take note of the path that it opens to)
    Go to your file, right click on it and Rename. Change the file extension to MP4r
    Go back to Itunes and select File--Add file to Itunes library
    find the file that you just created
    The file will now show up under ringtones in itunes
    Now this step is importatnt* Go back and delete the clips that are listed in the music section of Itunes ( If you do not when you sync the ringtone will not show up on your phone)
    Go to the Ringtones tab and make sure the box is checked to sync all
    sync

12. The Following User Says Thank You to danslick182 For This Useful Post:

backstabin (2008-01-04)

Ok so i did all that, got my songs on my ringtones list on my iphone, but when i pull up the list of custom ringtones on my phone, ill have all three of the same song. For example i put Rick Ross the Boss, Rick Ross- All i have in this world, and Rick Ross- this is the life, but on my custom ringers menu on my phone is just says Rick Ross- this is the life 3 times. How do i fix this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I too used iPhone Ringtone Maker and it was so simple; less than a minute and my first ringtone was created and ready to sync to my iPhone.

Prior to this I tried several other methods unsuccessfully. I wish I had of used iPhone Ringtone Maker in the first place, it would have saved me a couple of wasted hours. well worth the $14.95

i have a new itune version and it doesn't let me add ringtone.
    i add it manualy from Winscp and still not showing to my 1.1.4 iphone
    any help
    thanks

MP3 to M4R can also convert any video and audio formats to another formats for IPhone and IPhone 3G without any quality loss.
    M4R converterM4R Converter, it can help you to WAV, MP3 format into M4R format, M4R Converter also supports FLAC, AAC, AC3 and other audio files for your players to create great iPhone M4R ringtone is very easy.