Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 161 to 180 of 180

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [PROBLEM DISCUSSION] IMEI 4999/No Wifi/No BT....Save Us!!!

  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by mekodamier View Post
    i Can't connect to my iPhone 1.1.3 via WinScp, the iphone dectects my Wifi but the winspc don't conecct with the iphone, Wath can i do??
    You probably don't have BSD system and Open SSH installed on the iphone. both are found under system in installer.

  2. #162
    Also, it helps if you ping your phone's IP address in command prompt (windows) before trying to ssh into it. I had the same issue.


    Well as far as fixing the BL. I confirmed (on my phone at least) that swapping the comm boards then jailbreaking it then swapping comm boards back and trying to complete the rest of the process of a HW unlock, DOES NOT WORK.

    (working board)I loaded the iphone.unlock (downgradeer files) onto the phone in installer (just downloads the files as doesn't install anything).

    Swapped boards and followed the instructions. Result same as before. But its jailbroken.

    I hopes someone makes a file to do a software downgrade all done directly on the phone.

    I haven't tried using ziphone after I had it jailbroken yet, I'm afraid of bricking my phone again.

    Anybody tried using ziphone on an already jailbroken iphone with corrupted BL, to repair it?


    And a warning for those with the newer OTB 1.1.3 phones. Be careful with removing the back case. The case on the newer ones are weaker. and the channel were the sided are clipped on bend easily . If you bend it too much, there will be a crease (not really a crease, but a visible line the shows where its been stressed). This is one indication to apple techs that the phone has been opened.
    Last edited by Oranges; 2008-02-26 at 12:08 AM.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranges View Post
    Also, it helps if you ping your phone's IP address in command prompt (windows) before trying to ssh into it. I had the same issue.


    Well as far as fixing the BL. I confirmed (on my phone at least) that swapping the comm boards then jailbreaking it then swapping comm boards back and trying to complete the rest of the process of a HW unlock, DOES NOT WORK.

    (working board)I loaded the iphone.unlock (downgradeer files) onto the phone in installer (just downloads the files as doesn't install anything).

    Swapped boards and followed the instructions. Result same as before. But its jailbroken.

    I hopes someone makes a file to do a software downgrade all done directly on the phone.

    I haven't tried using ziphone after I had it jailbroken yet, I'm afraid of bricking my phone again.

    Anybody tried using ziphone on an already jailbroken iphone with corrupted BL, to repair it?


    And a warning for those with the newer OTB 1.1.3 phones. Be careful with removing the back case. The case on the newer ones are weaker. and the channel were the sided are clipped on bend easily . If you bend it too much, there will be a crease (not really a crease, but a visible line the shows where its been stressed). This is one indication to apple techs that the phone has been opened.
    so can u confirm that replacing the commboard fixes the no wifi/bluetooth/fast battery drain problem? if it does im thinking of doing it because im sick of having a crippled iphone

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Alright, this might sound unethical to some, but this solution DOES work as I have personally tried it myself.

    What you can do is do a full restore via DFU mode to 1.1.3, then use ZiPhone to Activate and Jailbrake, NOT unlock.

    Once thats done, turn off your iPhone for the very last time and say goodbye to it. Put it inside a microwave for 2-3 seconds. You should hear a buzz or something, and there might be a little smoke coming from the iPhone.

    At this point, be very careful and see if the Home button works by trying to press on it. If it doesn't press, then good job. Also, try to turn on the iPhone, if it doesn't turn on, then good job. If it DOES turn on, but the touch screen doesn't work, then also good job.

    What you wanna accomplish here is to prevent the apple geeks from determining that you have the 0049 IMEI. If they can't touch anything on the screen, they cant get to any menu's, and therefore cant retrieve your IMEI #

    I suggest that you be VERY careful with this as it could result in a fire, so dont leave the iphone in there for more than 5 seconds. Only do this 2-3 seconds at a time.

    Another word of advice is that when or if they ask you for you AT&T number, try to explain to them that you originally signed an AT&T contract, but then ended up closing it because you didn't like their service or something. Or try to make up your own story. But the most important thing is, you gotta present this case to them with LOTS OF DRAMA.

    You should tell them that you were listening to music or watching a video, and then all of a sudden the back of the iPhone started overheating and got VERY hot, and you were affraid it was going to explode, so you turned it off, and put it away in somekind of box, and are now afraid of turning it back on again.

    So just be ready to ******** your way through this whole process and get all your stories straight before you attempt this.

    Also, once they give you a new iPhone, they will most likely ask you to sign a new AT&T contract right there infront of them. I found no way out of that one, so I just signed it, and cancelled it the next morning. I got charged absolutly nothing, and was left with a new iPhone.

    So good luck guys, and let me know how it works out for you

  5. #165
    has someone tried updating to firmware 1.1.4? maybe it solves our problem.

  6. #166
    jeronimorv previous question. Yes I can confirm that swapping commboards with a another (unfailed HW hack, or new one) with fix the problem. You will need to restore after its installed because the firmware portion never installed previously (error 1011).

    Acurakidd The was a similar thread on something like this Admins closed it and everyone else pretty much frowned on the actions of the author. Plus IMO you are stupid to do such a thing, you can dismantle all the parts and sell the "screen" for at LEAST $200. Plus saying that you already had ATT before you got the phone, the tech is still going to ask you for the number, and the phone (correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't work if you have a non 3g labled sim from ATT. tipping the tech that "oh how did he get videos on his iphone, hmmm."and they can tell when a phones been opened, IDC how good you are, they can tell, and if you experienced otherwise then you got lucky. As a former authorized apple warranty tech, in know the mind set and how apple operates as far as warranties go.

    You are better off telling him that you were trying to activate your service when it all happend. They can only see if a phones been purchased at the end of the month, because thats when their systems pull all the serials to register the start of the warranty service (applies to all apple products). so actually you have about a year and a month of warranty.

    And to answer jeronimorv last question. I have tried restoring to 1.1.4 and can confirm that it DOES NOT fix the BL issue. And my phone is bricked yet again.

    Good thing I bought the 16gb to tide me over

    EDIT Hurray there has someone that has been able to fix there phone.

    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...135#post237135

    Doesn't really say how, but I think he will post details later. It has something to do with reduing the test point procedure.
    Last edited by Oranges; 2008-02-27 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #167
    SO I haven't been able to repair my BL using this method yet. I alwasy get stuck at spamming at when doing a a17 test point.

    Its also been revealed to me that 1.1.4 is more of a debug version firmware. so nothing significant that would thing it would repair a phone liek 1.1.2 -> 1.1.3. Hopefully 1.1.5 (or update 2, what ever they are calling it) would fix it.

  8. #168
    Default what if...
    please correct me if im wrong..... so from what i read here, the problem with our phones is a corrupted bootloader. what if we upgrade the bootloader from 3.9 to 4.6? would that load a completely fresh bootloader onto our phones and make our problems go away?

    i know if sounds strange to want to upgrade the BL but if it works then maybe theres a way to downgrade again if we want, but lets work on one problem at a time

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by brownmann View Post
    please correct me if im wrong..... so from what i read here, the problem with our phones is a corrupted bootloader. what if we upgrade the bootloader from 3.9 to 4.6? would that load a completely fresh bootloader onto our phones and make our problems go away?

    i know if sounds strange to want to upgrade the BL but if it works then maybe theres a way to downgrade again if we want, but lets work on one problem at a time
    I was thinkin the same. BUt we need someone to produce the ptoper files to do so.

    But with our BL corrupted, no program can ID the BL to have it safely load it.

    If someone can wirte a program to do a BL flash without a A17 test point with out a process to "spamming AT" then I think this will fix all our problems. I'm thinking of doing a test point by doing the solder method, So I know that I'm hitting the points correctly.

    Anybody know how to solder a trace so small? any tips?

    After another failed attempt with pins. I got frustrated and decided to try the solder method. I scavenged some magnetic wire from a old PC fan that I had lying around.
    I made sure that I soldered everything correctly by using my crappy microscope.pictured here



    and soldered point here (taken with my other iphone and the microscope. view is inverted because of microscope.



    ran everthing to the T. (surprised that I didn't make any typos)

    and still stuck at "spamming AT". so I am convinced that there is something else wrong with the commboard. perhaps its corrupted at a different point in the BL.. idk. I'm sure that many of you are experiencing a similar issue.

    EDIT": I find it interesting tha the BL and (i'm assuming) the firemware portion of the OS is stored on the commboard.
    Last edited by Oranges; 2008-03-01 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #170
    I have also did the stupid upgrade to 1.1.3 instead of restore and unlocked via ziphone 2.4 and now I`m stuck without wifi and BT and also no ring while in sleep mode. GSM and EDGE works. Anyone bumped to the solution? I`m getting desperate, I think I will sell my iPhone to spare parts...

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Leks View Post
    I have also did the stupid upgrade to 1.1.3 instead of restore and unlocked via ziphone 2.4 and now I`m stuck without wifi and BT and also no ring while in sleep mode. GSM and EDGE works. Anyone bumped to the solution? I`m getting desperate, I think I will sell my iPhone to spare parts...
    HUh? I don't think that you are having tha problems taht the rest of us are having. Just upgrade back 1.1.3 and ziphone it.

  12. #172
    I do, I have tryed to restore downgrade/upgrade to all versions, even virginising but still the same sympthoms...

  13. #173
    you need to load back the baseband.

    If I recall, doing a
    launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist command should restore you baseband.

    Or you can use the baseband feature in ziphone to restore it.

  14. #174
    my phn is working with bad imei...strange!!!
    i'm able to make call, recieve messages but no Wifi, no bluetooth...
    and when i try to install terminal and BSD using iBrickr, it says install complete but doesn't show up on phone...
    can you tell me how to get rid of bad imei problem...i guess its the root cause of no Wifi and no bluetooth problems...
    and how did i get into trouble?? i downgraded baseband without virginizing....silly me!!!

    has anybody tried 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 for bad imei and no wifi problem??
    please post if thr is any successful result...

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranges View Post
    You probably don't have BSD system and Open SSH installed on the iphone. both are found under system in installer.
    Yes i have both!
    And i try and nothing!

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by ajay24hrs View Post
    has anybody tried 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 for bad imei and no wifi problem??
    please post if thr is any successful result...
    yep... no go.

    Wohoo.

    This sucks.

  17. #177
    hi, ziphone 3.0 promises to solve our issue, has anyone tried it yet?

  18. #178
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Tried Ziphone 3.0 with no luck getting wifi back

  19. #179
    Ziphone didnt work...

    did nyone try iPwnage and the swifi tool?

  20. #180
    HEY read THIS FIRST and then follow THIS guide.
    It fixed my iphone and yes NO WIFI is NOT a hardware problem to most of the cases.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •