Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [PROBLEM DISCUSSION] IMEI 4999/No Wifi/No BT....Save Us!!!

Not with my OTB 1.0.2... As soon as I loaded 1.1.3 is was bricked.

Quote Originally Posted by doogee View Post
    As long as you restore to 1.1.3 it will rewrite everything! It worked for me, then just go back down to 1.0.2 and work your way up! You'll have to downgrade your baseband at 1.1.1

hi, has anyone tried geohot's ipsftool? i think it might solve the problem (at least the 0049 one) but i don't know how to use it. please help.

I'm another person with the same problem.

Mine's a OTB 1.1.2, so I am unable to downgrade to 1.0.2 (waiting for iphone)

I tried restoring to 1.1.3, but no dice. Says it needs repair. Same with 1.1.1

For some reason it won't restore to 1.1.2 in dfu or recovery mode.

I am unable to get to the spring board and I just got my stealthsim in the mail today .

Anybody have any solutions on a OTB 1.1.2 with this issue?

I'm thinking of getting another phone, swapping the comm boards and jailbreaking the messed up one, then switching the comm boards back and try to complete the BL process.

But if theres a way with out me spending any more money, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a problem with an iPhone 1.1.3OTB ICE04.03.13, i try to unlock with the new geounlock secpack, but y use ICE04.02.13 and now my Wifi-Bluetooth-Phone doesnīt work, and try to restore to 1.1.1, 1.1.2 and the same thing...nothing and now is lock, unactivated and is too slow, y donīt make jailbreak, what can i do???

Regards.

Thanks

bytez, i had the same problem on my friends unlocked iphone. if you had an OTB 1.0.2 jailbroken and unlocked, you should use the virginizer before upgrading. did you do that? if not then, here's what i did...put the phone in DFU and restore to 1.1.2 twice > downgrade to 1.1.1 > jailbreak, install BSD subsystem and added i.unlock.no to my sources > used Baseband Downgrader in the Unlocking Tools Folder in the Installer (your IMEI should be back to normal now) > unlock using G-Unlock from ModMyI > once unlocked check to see if BSD is installed, if not do it > okprep > updated to 1.1.2 > then jailbreak using 1.1.2 jailbreak from DEV team (don't forget to set autolock to never). I stayed at 1.1.2 because i just don't want to go thru that again. but my phone is unlocked and working fine again. hope this works for you. thanks to djkai for the help.
    "...tomorrow could be the best day of your life..."

Quote Originally Posted by mekodamier View Post
    I have a problem with an iPhone 1.1.3OTB ICE04.03.13, i try to unlock with the new geounlock secpack, but y use ICE04.02.13 and now my Wifi-Bluetooth-Phone doesnīt work, and try to restore to 1.1.1, 1.1.2 and the same thing...nothing and now is lock, unactivated and is too slow, y donīt make jailbreak, what can i do???

Regards.
    I'm pretty sure that you didn't set the phone to airplane mode when you did everything.

You can probably restore the baseband by using the Ziphone method. I have tried it and hasn't worked for me .

Just download the file and unzip it to the root on windows (c)
    then open command prompt (start-> run: cmd)

Then type:
    cd\
    cd ziphone
    ziphone -u

(if you want to activate, jailbreak and restore baseband at once use "ziphone -j -a -u" instead of just "ziphone -u")

by the time it is done, it should say done!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    No WiFi: solution!

Hi,

For some of you out there with the dreaded 'no WiFi after upgrade' we seem to have found a solution. The problem is not so much with the iPhone's Firmware or baseband, but with OS X. WiFi connectivity just needs a kickstart!

Below you'll find the prerequisites.
    On your PC (sorry, no Mac solution at the moment) you need:
    - iBrickr, MobileTerminal.pxl, BSDSubstem.pxl, Services.pxl
    (The apps can be downloaded from the exploit.org repository)
    - a jailbroken 1.0.2, 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 iPhone
    - a wireless MAC address on your iPhone
    (to find, tap to Settings, General, About, Wi-Fi address: if it's not there, this fix is not for you)

- Copy the PXL files to your iPhone with iBrickr
    - on your iPhone open Terminal and type "cd /usr/bin" + Enter
    - find a free IP address in your WiFi's range (like 10.0.0.130 or 192.168.1.34)
    - in Terminal type "ifconfig" + Enter
    - the response should contain "en0" or "ip0" (if not, your out of luck for now, and this fix is not for you)
    - on the xx below fill in the "en0" or "ip0" you found above...
    - on the yy series below, fill in the free WiFi IP address you want to use...
    - on the zz fill in the IP range, but ending with 255 (like 10.0.0.255 or 192.168.1.255)
    - type "ifconfig xx yy.yy.yy.yyy netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast zz.zz.zz.255" + Enter
    (in my case "ifconfig ip0 10.0.0.112 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.0.0.255)

Your WiFi may now be functional. If it isn't, exit terminal and open Services. If the WiFi option is available switch it on and off with 10 seconds pause in between.
    You may have to repeat the procedure a few times. If the Services road doesn't work, hard reset the iPhone just after the last "ifconfig blah blah" command (and maybe give it another try).

Good luck,

Adam from ipodrepair.nl

Quote Originally Posted by macspotter View Post
    No WiFi: solution!

Hi,

For some of you out there with the dreaded 'no WiFi after upgrade' we seem to have found a solution. The problem is not so much with the iPhone's Firmware or baseband, but with OS X. WiFi connectivity just needs a kickstart!

Below you'll find the prerequisites.
    On your PC (sorry, no Mac solution at the moment) you need:
    - iBrickr, MobileTerminal.pxl, BSDSubstem.pxl, Services.pxl
    (The apps can be downloaded from the exploit.org repository)
    - a jailbroken 1.0.2, 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 iPhone
    - a wireless MAC address on your iPhone
    (to find, tap to Settings, General, About, Wi-Fi address: if it's not there, this fix is not for you)

- Copy the PXL files to your iPhone with iBrickr
    - on your iPhone open Terminal and type "cd /usr/bin" + Enter
    - find a free IP address in your WiFi's range (like 10.0.0.130 or 192.168.1.34)
    - in Terminal type "ifconfig" + Enter
    - the response should contain "en0" or "ip0" (if not, your out of luck for now, and this fix is not for you)
    - on the xx below fill in the "en0" or "ip0" you found above...
    - on the yy series below, fill in the free WiFi IP address you want to use...
    - on the zz fill in the IP range, but ending with 255 (like 10.0.0.255 or 192.168.1.255)
    - type "ifconfig xx yy.yy.yy.yyy netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast zz.zz.zz.255" + Enter
    (in my case "ifconfig ip0 10.0.0.112 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.0.0.255)

Your WiFi may now be functional. If it isn't, exit terminal and open Services. If the WiFi option is available switch it on and off with 10 seconds pause in between.
    You may have to repeat the procedure a few times. If the Services road doesn't work, hard reset the iPhone just after the last "ifconfig blah blah" command (and maybe give it another try).

Good luck,

Adam from ipodrepair.nl
    no luck, tried without the mac address, didn't work

hi, good news! i've succesfully restored the phone function in my iphone. wi-fi still dead but at least i have a phone and an ipod.

just use zibri's ziphone.

1. dfu update to 113.
    2. open windows cmd.
    3. navigate in cmd to the folder where you have ziphone uncompressed
    4. just type "ziphone -v -j -a -u" without the quotes and thats it

now you have a jailbroken, activated, unlocked iphone with firmware 113

still no wifi and a bad imei, but what the hell, it's better than a 500 dollar paperweight.

hope this helps.

jeronimorv, do you have Bootloader 4.6 or 3.9 ?

and how do you get ziphone on your phone?
    Last edited by ztubbz; 2008-02-13 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ztubbz View Post
    jeronimorv, do you have Bootloader 4.6 or 3.9 ?

and how do you get ziphone on your phone?
    i have bootloader 3.9, but ziphone is supposed to work with both bootloaders.

i've also been able with ziphone to restore mi imei to it's original number.

no wi-fi or bluetooth still, but i'm too happy to care.

check zibri's blog for more information:
    http://zibree.blogspot.com/2008/02/z...game-over.html
    Last edited by jeronimorv; 2008-02-13 at 11:03 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jeronimorv For This Useful Post:

Sylv (2008-02-18)

it worked!

I also managed to get my phone functionality back. I still do have the 0049 IEMI but the phone works!
    Also Wifi and Bluetooth still seems to be broken...

but phone is working

Quote Originally Posted by ztubbz View Post
    it worked!

I also managed to get my phone functionality back. I still do have the 0049 IEMI but the phone works!
    Also Wifi and Bluetooth still seems to be broken...

but phone is working
    hi, good news. to restore your imei number use function -i an then your imei,
    just type a 0 before your imei cause it's supposed to be a 16 digit number and the one on the back of the phone is only 15

so type "-i 0(your original imei number here)"

and now you can have it back

wifi and bluetooth still not working
    Last edited by jeronimorv; 2008-02-17 at 03:10 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jeronimorv For This Useful Post:

Sylv (2008-02-18)

Default Thank you BUT
    I have got an iPhone with currupted IMEI and I tried every single method to solve it and nothing works, so i saied "I WILL UPDATE TO 1.1.3 AND KILL THE PHONE" BUT all the problems solved apart of the phone is stucked on the "slied for emergancy" screen.

i tried ziphone and it dedn't do nothing.
    after few downgrading and updating the phone is magically activated it self
    but the phone is not reading the sim card, and when it connected to iTunes it say "Activate..."
    when i restart the phone it come back again to the "slied for emergancy" screen.

any ideas, please.
    sorry for my awful english language

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhone Doctor For This Useful Post:

Sylv (2008-02-18)

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone Doctor View Post
    I have got an iPhone with currupted IMEI and I tried every single method to solve it and nothing works, so i saied "I WILL UPDATE TO 1.1.3 AND KILL THE PHONE" BUT all the problems solved apart of the phone is stucked on the "slied for emergancy" screen.

but the phone is not reading the sim card, and when it connected to iTunes it say "Activate..."
    when i restart the phone it come back again to the "slied for emergancy" screen.

any ideas, please.
    St eh phone into DFU mode and restore. then REstart the ziphone process again.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone Doctor View Post

any ideas, please.
    St eh phone into DFU mode and restore. then REstart the ziphone process again.
    Last edited by Oranges; 2008-02-18 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Oranges For This Useful Post:

Sylv (2008-02-18)

Ziphone 2.0 saved my iphone.
    I changed my Imei with -i function.

Now just my Wi-fi is not working.

Tkx Zibri!!! Nice work

I think one way to repair our hpones is to mod the gehot's bootloader downgrader. the thing that stops it for haults the process ont a hpone in our situation is that the program "checks" to see if the bootloader is the proper one for it to downgrade (4.6). if someone removes that part of the script then I think it would rewright the bootloader.

Default ziphone 2.4
    has anyone tried to use ziphone 2.4 to erase the baseband and load it back up with itunes? maybe this will fix the wifi or bluetooth. i will probably try it tonight and ill post my results. if u guys know if a reason this will not work or u have tried it already let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by brownmann View Post
    has anyone tried to use ziphone 2.4 to erase the baseband and load it back up with itunes? maybe this will fix the wifi or bluetooth. i will probably try it tonight and ill post my results. if u guys know if a reason this will not work or u have tried it already let me know.
    Already tried it. doesn't work. The problem is the bootloader (not baseband) if it gets stuck, using the ziphone in debug mode, and them you restart the iphone, it spamms BSD .... mdf.... or somethinglike that. that means its trying to find the boot loader. ITs much like deleting the boot.ini on windows and them restarting, except with windows you get an invalid boot disc error.

i Can't connect to my iPhone 1.1.3 via WinScp, the iphone dectects my Wifi but the winspc don't conecct with the iphone, Wath can i do??

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast