Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [PROBLEM DISCUSSION] IMEI 4999/No Wifi/No BT....Save Us!!!

>@<
    i miss my iphone so much >@<
    anyone know how to fix IMEI??
    i have try revirgin but it still does'e work
    and my baseband is 03.14.08
    i also try to use anysim to get it back but it doesnt work
    i dont care do i have wifi or not i only want to use it as phone not mp3><
    plz help

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyking View Post
    @shadow_cruiser

But I haven't seen an in-depth fix for the wifi problem other than as you said, pure luck.
    I thing you are right....
    I also thing that the WIFI issue becoming a MAJOR problem for a lot iphone users.....
    Lots of wifi compaints in ANY iphone forum.....I dont know how can i explain that..
    I tried EVERY possible solution but nothing works
    Is there any experts here?

hey i had the solution to your problem.you must use ieraser and clear your baseband , so it says you had no baseband,incorrect sim and error or something like that.the i downgraded my iphone to 1.0.2 and the new baseband was there with no problem and then upgraded to 1.1.1 and used the typical methods to jailbreak and unlock.

sorry i dont remenbered that yo have no wifi , so you had to put your iphone in dfu mode and downgrade to 1.0.2 and the problem will be fixed.

Nope its not working

Hey everyone.....if you're having the same problem as me, jeronimorv, obzrv.....drop a quick message and let us know. We'd like to know how widespread our situation is.

Situation:
    - bad IMEI (4999), no wifi, no BT
    - BUT you can/have successfully upgrade/downgrade your phone to whatever system or baseband you want. This means you've been able to go through several tutorials, all with no problems or errors, but still your IMEI and wifi don't come back.
    Monkeyking, did you get your phone working? I'm in the same boat as you guys.

When someone does find solution, if you could post it here when that does happen?

Hi All,
    My iphone has a bad IMEI but my wifi is still working.
    Ive followed this guide but can't get past step 2.5
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461

WinStaller says it completed successfully but the IMEI is still corrupt.

I know some of you guys have bad IMEI and bad wifi, but what would you recommend i should do if my wifi is still working?

version is 1.0.2 (1c28)
    firmware is 03.14.08_G

The phone was originally 1.1.1 but i have the phone now for 2 weeks and it has never worked which is really frustrating!!!

i'm having the same problem
    NO IMEI, NO BT, NO ICCID, No modem firmware

I have tried pretty much all the tutorial but no luck
    I installed Unlock.app it goes all the way but gets stuck at Starting CommCenter

Can someone please advise me how can i get fix the modem firware been trying for a week but no luck. I read the seczone is corrupted how can i fix it

thnx
    Parwinder

im still trying to repair this phone..has no modem and got repair needed..of course no wifi, no blutooth, no imei....anyways i follow everything, got phone at v1.02 installed all files but when i open terminal i got this message: usr/bin/login: file does not exist...i notice there are only one file in usr/bin before i upload the baseband files uisng ibrickr...i tried to restore many times but those original files in usr/bin are still missing...so how do i flash the baseband now without those files exist?
    Last edited by citifone; 2007-11-28 at 05:50 PM.

Same here, no WiFi, no BT, IMEI 0049xx

FW 1.0.2
    BB 03.14.08_G

Has anyone tried the new idemocracy to see if fixes this problem for all of us with bricked imei and NO WIFI iphones? Let us know if it works for anyone with all the lost iphones out here without any success with revirginizer methods. Thanks

Hey parwinder, how did you manage to install unlock.app without wifi. Try using Ulctl from ibrick application download to turn off com.app.CommCenter and app.lockdownd.app. Hope that helps. Good luck
    Last edited by pqn; 2007-11-29 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Neltron View Post
    Monkeyking, did you get your phone working? I'm in the same boat as you guys.

When someone does find solution, if you could post it here when that does happen?
    @Neltron
    No, I have not solved my problem. Still in the same boat.

@All
    I've just taken a couple days away from this problem to clear my head. Last week I spent a few hours with Revan chatting about my/our problem and trying several different methods and sequences of upgrading/downgrading, oneSIM'ing/anySIM'ing, appTapp'ing/wInstalling, etc. Nothing worked.

My thoughts are this: many people made one mistake in either jailbreaking or upgrading their phones and were subsequently successful in restoring by following one of the many tutuorials on this board or others. However I/we must have gone one step too many in trying to fix what we did and made the problem sufficiently worse such that the tutorials are no longer effective. Our problem lies deeper than just restoring the baseband or OS.

As such, no current solution out there is going to fix our phones. My belief is that we must wait for something new. Something that will 'truly' virginize or reinstall whatever is 'broken' on our phones. I don't believe its a hardware problem. It IS a software problem and someday soon we WILL be able to fix it.

I read somewhere yesterday that Apple has started sending out SDK to a few people already. Perhaps, over the next couple of months, someone will unlock the source of our troubles and help us out. But until then, enjoy your PDA's and keep an occasional eye on these forums for that 'new' solution.

PS. can you tell I'm utterly discouraged?

@Neltron
    No, I have not solved my problem. Still in the same boat.

@All
    I've just taken a couple days away from this problem to clear my head. Last week I spent a few hours with Revan chatting about my/our problem and trying several different methods and sequences of upgrading/downgrading, oneSIM'ing/anySIM'ing, appTapp'ing/wInstalling, etc. Nothing worked.

My thoughts are this: many people made one mistake in either jailbreaking or upgrading their phones and were subsequently successful in restoring by following one of the many tutuorials on this board or others. However I/we must have gone one step too many in trying to fix what we did and made the problem sufficiently worse such that the tutorials are no longer effective. Our problem lies deeper than just restoring the baseband or OS.

As such, no current solution out there is going to fix our phones. My belief is that we must wait for something new. Something that will 'truly' virginize or reinstall whatever is 'broken' on our phones. I don't believe its a hardware problem. It IS a software problem and someday soon we WILL be able to fix it.

I read somewhere yesterday that Apple has started sending out SDK to a few people already. Perhaps, over the next couple of months, someone will unlock the source of our troubles and help us out. But until then, enjoy your PDA's and keep an occasional eye on these forums for that 'new' solution.

PS. can you tell I'm utterly discouraged?
    After 1 WHOLE week trying to fix my "no wifi" problem i finished with the same thougts with you...
    I hope that the solution will come in the VERY near future

Hey guys,

for the ones that were having trouble erasing the baseband, which seemed to be completely screwed up I found this tutorial that might do it for you:

http://www.iphonealley.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=1936&

the difference about this one is that apart from unloding -w the CommCenter you have also to stop the com.apple.mobile.lockdown.
    It didn't work for me, but that may be because I restored to 1.1.2, if you haven't done that, or even if you have, give it a try...
    Last edited by ludionisio; 2007-11-30 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ludionisio View Post
    Hey guys,

for the ones that were having trouble erasing the baseband, which seemed to be completely screwed up I found this tutorial that might do it for you:

the difference about this one is that apart from unloding -w the CommCenter you have also to stop the com.apple.mobile.lockdown.
    It didn't work for me, but that may be because I restored to 1.1.2, if you haven't done that, or even if you have, give it a try...
    I already tried this... no luck

hi i have solved my problem thnx to that person i forgot the link but i do have the instruction it fixed my wifi, imei and iccid problem as well as bt
    jus follow the exact instruction read before you do anything make sure u have all the files

There was a thread about this a while back. Today I unlocked an iPhone (about my 417th) and after running anysim i got the above error. I tried restoring to 1.1.1 and no luck, all I get is the itunes cable icon, if I try and downgrade to 1.0.2 I get it installed, but then I can't jailbreak it or activate it because iTunes won't bootstrap, it gives me some error about this iphone can't be used with itunes because there is no sim installed (there is though) so iNdependenc give me an error after trying to activate that the phone doesnt have a CCID or whatever. I've tried everything... please help. PS: I'm the guy that created the "Uber Easy 1.1.1 unlock sticky"

thanks for all the help....................not. anyways, heres how to fix it (I didn't write this) and BTW, as far as I can tell you need Windows (iBrickr) to do this:

Connect the iPhone to iBrickr and follow the initial instructions. Your screen will flash RED. You will receive two options - reboot, and what you are interested in restore. Follow the simple instructions and the iPhone will go to the firmware 1.0.2. When you downgrade it will end in an error (a la “Could not restore iPhone Unknown Error [some number]). This is only because iTunes couldn’t restore or find your baseband. Don’t worry about that. Follow the instructions using iBrickr to jailbreak your phone after that. It’s simple and painless and if you got yourself into a situation like this you probably don’t need me telling you how to do this.
    Once your iPhone is fully downgraded you will get an activation screen that says the iPhone is in need of repair. Make sure your iTunes is closed and with iBrickr upload “lockdownd” to usr/libexec. This will do a faux activation on your iPhone so it doesn’t give you the normal activate by connecting to iTunes screen on your next reboot.
    Using iBrickr click “Applications.” Install PXL by following Nate True’s instructions. Once thats done browse the available applications that are available and install these 2 programs in this order: BSD Subsystem, and the Mobile Terminal. Give each application about a minute after you click install to finish up.
    Now if you reboot your iPhone you will see a regular iPhone’s home screen with all the standards Apple icons plus Mobile Terminal. Using mobile terminal you are going to do some file handywork and fix your broken iPhone.
    We need to use iBrickr one more time before the big show. Upload the following files to your usr/bin directory:
    ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    ieraser
    secpack
    Once these files have been uploaded use your iPhone’s terminal. We need to stop the process which is trying to use your baseband. This file is called “com.apple.CommCenter.pist” and is location at /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter. It’s usually quite simple to stop the process but a lot of people have trouble doing it. I will go over the normal way to do it and if you can’t get it using that method try one of my alternatives. Using terminal type these commands verbatum:
    cd /
    cd System
    cd Library
    cd LaunchDaemons
    now that you are in the correct directory type this:launchctl unload com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    If all goes well it will think for a split second and then you will get no errors (and no confirmation!). Terminal just gives you a command prompt like normal again. Lots of people get the error “No Such Process.” if this happens type:
    rm com.apple.CommCenter.plist to delete it. Don’t worry that you are deleting it because you can download it here so once this is all done you can reupload it using iBrickr. Also if you deleted com.apple.CommCenter.plist REBOOT YOUR PHONE NOW. Sometimes it takes quite a while to reboot. It’s my guess that the iPhone OS is looking around for the file. Just sit tight and it will return to it’s normal screen eventually.
    Once you are done sorting out how to kill the com.apple.CommCenter.plist problem navigate to your /usr/bin directory. You can type this into your terminal: cd /usr/bin
    Type chmod 0755 * (this will set up the correct permissions for the files you are about to access).
    Also, type this: chmod +x ieraser & : chmod +x bbupdater
    Now type this: ./bbupdater -v to find out what firmware you are running. If your iPhone was messed up in the same way mine was it will ping the baseband for a while and either return nothing or end on “issuing +xgendata.” This is fine. Also if you receive the error telling you comm center is in use this is because you didn’t correctly kill the plist mentioned above so keep trying it until it works!
    Execute the following to erase your baseband: ./ieraser. This will completely erase what is left on your baseband. We’re almost done.
    Execute the following to reflash your baseband: ./bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls. A lot of people on the IRC Channels claim that this won’t work for a stock 1.1.1 iPhone. It will. Let the process run all the way through. If you get an error check that the secpack doesn’t have a hidden extension of ‘.bin’ at the end. This will cause it to fail.
    Type: ./bbupdater -v and if everything is right it will ping your firmware and return your version as 3.14.08. You did it!
    Finally - let’s not forget about our friend com.apple.CommCenter.plist. Copy the file back to the /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ using iBrickr.
    Reboot. Your wifi works… Your sound now works… Your vibration now works… Nice Going.
    Final Step: You now have a factory fresh 1.0.2 iPhone. To make your iPhone completely factory fresh you should probably update it to 1.1.1. From there you can follow one of the many simple tutorials online to try to unlock it again.
    i hope this will help you solve your problem, it worked for after struggling for a week

regards
    Parwinder

Quote Originally Posted by ludionisio View Post
    Hey guys,

Not working either

Has anyone tried to restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak then run bbreload?

Tried everything, this won't work, either.
    Hey guys, just to update everyone, WIFI problem is still a software problem and not a HW problem. If you downgrade all the way to filmware version 03.14.08_G.(or for that matter any of the filmware). You can verify, that the WIFI HW is working by tapping the weather icon and you will see the wifi search in the top corner still pop's up. The baseband in the anySIM 1.1 screwed up the baseband royally. I think we need the moderators and DEV elite Team to seek into the secpack a little bit more to solve the problem. Currently running my iphone as a ipod, unfortunately. Keep getting .FLS verification error when running bbaseband downgrade. (Also, ierase seems to freeze with main Flash hopefully erased. Wait for the next step......) Seems that the iphone tweak team has figured out how to block reloading. Anyone else get past these problem, any help appreciated. Hopefully someone will be able to help us all.

Iphone OTB 1.1.1
    Virginizer -- Failed at ieraser
    currently down to 1.02 (1C28) and 03.14.08_G and waiting (IPOD mode)
    Its been 5 weeks and counting for a solution

Thanks all for the search to a cure.

Thanks

Everyone please read the first post for a possible solution

yes, still not working after trying to follow first page of this thread...updating to v112, dowgrade to v1.02, jailbreak and still no wifi, no blutooth, bad imei..my case that the phone was working before running i.unlock.no virginizer 3.x...now i cannot even use terminal after installing and copying all files to usr/bin/...always get usr/bin/login: files does not exist...can someone at least tell me how to correct this problem so i can downgrade the baseband?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast