Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: lets see if anyone can answer this

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

Default lets see if anyone can answer this
    I have this iPhone here, (still) the guy just left it here when i told him it was probably unrepairable, but i want to get it working so i here it goes, the menu button does not respond, i have taken the mainboard out and swaped it with another, and it works fine on the other main board, so i have narrowed the problem to the mainboard... now is it a software issue or a hardware issue? my main goal is to get the device out of boot loop and into an actual working state weather it has a broken menu button or not... but as of right now it is bootlooping and scrolling text haha... and the computer will not recognize it, so here in lies the problem, does anyone have any solutions to what i can do to get this device working?

It Is What It Is...

Thanks

send it to me. its unrepairable...
    or you can put it into dfu mode and restore it.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Aiyo For This Useful Post:

Apple iPie (2008-05-25)

Thanks

Aiyo, i wish i could DFU it... but it is un-recognized by windows, and it has the BSD Root Loop, and the menu button does not register anything, so it will not allow it to restart/DFU/Restore mode. unless you know of a different way, and i did purchase it from the guy for parts purposes haha so i wouldnt just send it to you, i bought it off of him for 80$ i was going to swap parts/screens with my other back up device but just never got around to it, and it really doesnt matter to, but if i could get this device up and running that would be cool... considering i would use it as an ipod touch or sell it haha...

Bump?
    Last edited by the sr5; 2008-05-25 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It Is What It Is...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

so the menu (i'm assuming you meant the home button) button doesn't work, you changed the mainboard and now it does, so obviously a hardware issue. but now your phone is stuck and won't boot. why can't you put it in dfu if your home button is now working? once you put it into dfu your computer will recognize it. it's normal that your pc isn't recognizing it at its current state

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyo View Post
    send it to me. its unrepairable...
    or you can put it into dfu mode and restore it.
    LOL!
    Or to me.
    Or just put it into DFU or Recovery and restore.

Yay!!! Nice brick you got there!!!

And you seem really cheerful for someone who just got their phone bricked.

Thanks

no not cheerful that someone bricked they're phone, but cheerful in the hopes of getting some sort of help fixing the device, and no i didnt change the mainboard, as i stated i changed it out to Test it and could see that was the issue, but i would like to get the damaged mainboard working or atleast to hold a firmware, but i cant get it into DFU or restore with out the "HOME" button working... Just a heads up, i didnt rip this guy for the phone, he droped it off after droping it and the power button was jammed down and kept bootlooping, after removing the jam, the phone booted but has a BSD Root Loop and the home button doesnt respond, as i could tell he had a bricked device and i told him that... he was all aight just keep it then i was all nah here i will give you 80$ for the screen and and case, so i paid him for it, now i just have it sitting here and would like to do something to fix it...

It Is What It Is...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the sr5 View Post
    no not cheerful that someone bricked they're phone, but cheerful in the hopes of getting some sort of help fixing the device, and no i didnt change the mainboard, as i stated i changed it out to Test it and could see that was the issue, but i would like to get the damaged mainboard working or atleast to hold a firmware, but i cant get it into DFU or restore with out the "HOME" button working... Just a heads up, i didnt rip this guy for the phone, he droped it off after droping it and the power button was jammed down and kept bootlooping, after removing the jam, the phone booted but has a BSD Root Loop and the home button doesnt respond, as i could tell he had a bricked device and i told him that... he was all aight just keep it then i was all nah here i will give you 80$ for the screen and and case, so i paid him for it, now i just have it sitting here and would like to do something to fix it...
    Oh im sure you can fix it, you need a home button though, so i suggest you get that fixed, probably by replacing that.