Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! iPhone not booting..

Default Help! iPhone not booting..
    I have a really scary problem..

My iphone cannot boot. When I press the power button, i get a horizontal line halfway across the screen and the entire screen flashes on and off. If i boot using the home and the power buttons, i get the apple logo for 2 cycles, then nothing. If i let go, i get the flashing screen and line again.

What do I do..?? I can't even enter recovery mode!

Can somebody help me pleaaasee!!! I'm using 1.1.4

Thanks,
    Isaac

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

what was done to the phone prior to this happening?

have you tried putting it into recovery mode (with phone connected to the computer) or into DFU mode?

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

yeh try DFU mode hold home button and power button untill screen flashes than release power button but continue to hold home for like 10-15 secs and lil itunes logo should pop up than plug into computer and restore with itunes. seta up as new phone than re jailbreak
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

i was recovering n pc crashed. no i am stucking at the apple logo!!

please help!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Make sure you're iphone cable is plugged in to a powered USB port, then use the method provided by ScreamForme02.

On some computers, the front USB ports are not sufficient to complete the process of the recovery process. So make sure you use the USB ports provided on the back of your computer.

If none of these solutions work for you, then you'd better hope that your phone is still under warranty.

If this helps, please use the "Thanks" button.

Chris

EDITED: Also, when pressing the HOME and POWER, hold them both until you see the the apple logo appear, then release the power button, still holding the home button until your itunes recognizes your phone in recovery mode.
    Last edited by ugshotgun; 2009-07-16 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Forgot something...
    Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus: The best of both worlds!