Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Missed SMS or Call notification

Default Missed SMS or Call notification
    How do you know if you got a missed SMS or missed call after the first alert has gone off and I assume it goes back to standby.
    Do you have to take the phone out of standby and look at the display?

Some phones have a flashing LED which indicate a missed call etc or is displayed on the standby screen

Thanks

the call icon in the dock has the red dot.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyGervais View Post
    the call icon in the dock has the red dot.
    so you need to turn the phone on to see the red dot?

yeah you need the screen on?

Bringing this thread back from the dead... Anyone know how to make the Iphone give an audible alert when a call/sms has been missed without actually looking at the screen???

windows mobile does that, not iPhone.

i miss the flashing LED's on Windows Mobiles. Normal Green flash for signal, when you have a missed call or txt msg it would change to Orange. No need to turn the phone on to check for notifications.

I think it's something that was missed by apple. I think every cell phone out there has that feature (well the ones I have used anyways). That would probably save battery life too.

Again bringing this thread from the dead.

Anyone has found any hacks that would provide persistent AUDIBLE notification for missed calls, SMS, etc.

Yes Please!!!!!!!

The only one I know of is Caterpillar. It has a bunch of different features. One of them is to remind you about a missed call or SMS. You can set the time interval for notification and set vibrate or tone or both. You can download a trial version good for 2 days. I paid for mine and think it is well worth the money. It has alot of potential. This is the program that also gives you 5 Icon dock and reflection. You can get it from the following source: http://repository.ripdev.com/

Try it you will probably like it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dartman66 For This Useful Post:

bluegecko (2008-04-03)

Thanks dartman66! That certainly does the trick. And as you said, it seems to be a nice set of features as well.

Kind of pricey though! About $58 for an unlimited subscription. That's steeeeep.... specially with the $ being in the crapper these days!
    Last edited by bluegecko; 2008-04-03 at 10:32 PM.

Hi guys I see you had a discussion regarding that red dot that notifies you that you have X-amount of unread txt messages. I'm using SMSD and am not getting that notification on there, how do I change this please?

Oh, and yes I have jailbroken my phone and have fiddled around (successfully) with the ssh feature, so if someone could please tell me how to "import/copy" this feature into mobile SMSD from mobileSMS or something the like, I would be very grateful . . .

Thank you kindly . . .