Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To: Silence iPhone Spammers Forever

Default How To: Silence iPhone Spammers Forever
    After one too many calls wondering if we were interested in having our carpets steam cleaned, enough was finally enough and we decided to stop the madness once and for all. The end result is a simple (and dare we say elegant) way to silence telephone spammers forever. Ah, the sweet sound of silence.

Here's how you can silence the telephone spammers on your Apple iPhone:
    1. Download iPhoneWriter.com's Silent Running ringtone and import it into iTunes. Once imported (it's a tiny file so it should import almost instantly) the file should show up on the "Ringtones" tab.
    2. Connect your Apple iPhone to your computer and synch your Ringtones, putting the Silent Running ringtone onto the Apple iPhone in the process.
    3. Once the Silent Running ringtone has been synced to your Apple iPhone, create a new Contact on your Apple iPhone. Name the new Contact whatever you like. We recommend something that you will easily (visually) recognize as unimportant should you happen to see the phone ringing or be reviewing your Recent Calls list. We chose "Phone Spammer" as the contact name, for obvious reasons.
    4. Assign Silent Running as the ringtone for the newly created Contact.

The next time an unknown or undesired phone number calls your Apple iPhone, simply add the number to the new Contact you created in Step #3. Also, review your Recent Calls list for unknown or undesired phone numbers (telephone numbers you know to belong to "phone spammers") and add those to the same Contact. The next time you synch the Apple iPhone and iTunes, the "phone spammer" contact will be synched with your Address Book, along with all of the assigned telephone numbers.

That's it, enjoy the silence!
    - iPhoneWriter.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneWriter For This Useful Post:

screamforme02 (2008-05-23)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't have that problem. My cell number only goes to family, friends and business contacts.

spammers will rarely call from the same phone number more than once.

And entering their phone number is work on your part.

Just use the National do not call registry.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

Hope this helps
    I have screwed up enough Motorola V series phones
    I guess I will give the ol' iphone a try

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by timcki View Post
    yeh thats wht i do, although i dont think i did with my new number.. owell havnt got a spam call yet. either way skrew silent ringtone how bout we just destroy all spammers or run them out of town with pitchforks and shovels!!!i hate spam. ahahahhahahah those jerks
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

is there anything like that for canada?

spammers will rarely call from the same phone number more than once.

And entering their phone number is work on your part.

Hope this helps
    Actually, I am regularly called by a handful of the same numbers - likely all centers for phone spamming. Sometimes it's carpet cleaning, sometimes it's credit insurance, sometimes it's a credit collector for whoever had the number before I did. Two things are true either way: it's always a nuisance, and it's always the same handful of of numbers (well almost, new ones do crop up from time to time.)

The Do Not Call Registry is great, and every number I or my family uses has been entered. The problem is that not everyone/all companies care about it, or are subject to it's rules/regulations.

Anyway, hope this hint helps someone like it's helped me. It was an interruption free day today silence really is golden.
    - iPhoneWriter.com