Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pleaseeee Help me, iPhone problem!!!!

Default Pleaseeee Help me, iPhone problem!!!!
    Pleaseeeee! I looked all over the forum and tried too resolve my problem but just couldnt..

Recently I bought iphone that was already unlocked and jailbroken. In the Settings it said - version 1.1.3!!!
    Then after installing some application it just froze and I pressed "Home Button + Sleep Button" and it powered off. After I turned it on, it showed the Apple logo and didnt start.. And now its just showing Apple logo all the time! Then I pressed those two buttons again and held them, and then it showed the iTunes logo and underneath the iphone cable! I connected the iphone with my PC, started the itunes, and it asked me if I want to restore and update the iphone. I clicked "Yes", and it started to download something (162 Mb). After it was finished i clicked "restore" again and then it began to restore it but stopped and said "The iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occured (6)! Then I red something about holding the "Shift" button on keyboard and clicking the restore button and then to click on the firmware file... So I downloaded 1.0.2 and 1.1.3 firmwares and tried to restore it by clicking on those files and it said the same thing, only once it was "... unknown error occured (2003)", and the second time was "...unknown error occured (1)"

Please, what do I have too do so that I can use my iphone again.. I repeat, it is 1.1.3 version!!!
    Please help me! Sorry for my poor english!

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok. First hold the power and home button. Once the screen goes black, release the power button but keep holding the home button and connect your iPod cord to your iPhone. It should be in restore mode. Now download this firmware: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....2_Restore.ipsw and save it somewhere safe and you can easily locate.

Once that's done, open iTunes and hold in shift + click restore if your on a PC and hold in option + click restore if your on a Mac. Locate where you save the firmware we downloaded before. Wait for the process to complete and jailbreak your phone using ZiPhone: ZiPhone Download Server - IPhone and IPod Touch Software

Good Luck.

If I helped, don't forget to hit that thanks button!
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MattMac For This Useful Post:

hjurin (2008-05-22)

I did that and when I tried to restore it using that file I downloaded it said again "The iphone could not be restored....error occured (6)"
    Ok, just please explain me the first step... You said : "First hold the power and home button. Once the screen goes black, release the power button but keep holding the home button and connect your iPod cord to your iPhone. It should be in restore mode."

My iphone is turnd off, and when i turn it on it shows those logos of itunes and cable underneath it. Is that the "Restore Mode" that youre talking about?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes that is in (DFU) restore mode.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JAG2621 For This Useful Post:

hjurin (2008-05-22)

Ok. Thanks, but what do I do now? It doesnt want to restore, it always says : "...Unknown error occured (6)"?

Please, anyone??

I think that the problem is because I cant put my iphone in so called "DFU Mode".. I red something about that the way you can tell whether yor iphone is in DFU Mode or not, is that when the DFU Mode is "active" you dont see anything on your iphone screen, its blank, like the phone is switched off, but still your itunes recognize the phone.. And I cant get my iphone to be i nthat DFU Mode.. I have always the image of an itunes logo and the cable underneath, and my itunes always give me the message that they have detected an iphone in "recovery mode and that i should restore it"?

Does anybody know how to put my iphone in DFU Mode. I tried all those trick holding the buttons, Ive tried over Ziphone but nothing...?????

Ok.. Ive managed to put my iphone in DFU mode.. But still when I try ro restore it, it says the saim message, only this time its "... unknown error occured (-7)"????

Ive tried it many times, with downloaded firmwares 1.0.2, 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 (the last one is the link that MattMac gave me) and it always gives me the same message : "the iphone could not be restored. Unknown error occured (-7)"!!

Does anybody know what that error (-7) stands for?
    Last edited by hjurin; 2008-05-22 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you holding down shift button when clicking restore and then selecting firmware file?
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

downgrade itunes =X be sure to back up your itunes library it should be located in CDocuments and Settings\<USERNAME>\My Documents\My Music\iTunes

once itunes is downgraded (i use 7.4) it should work...

It Is What It Is...

Thanks everybody, i managed to solve the problem!
    The trick was to be - persistent! I had to connect and reconnect my iphone with itunes several times, and after 7th or 8th time it worked. I red somewhere that many people had this kind of problem!