Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wifi Bluetooth problems.

Default Wifi Bluetooth problems.
    I have a 8G I-phone running on 1.1.4 firmware. No matter what I do on iliberty I cannot get the wifi to work. It is greyed out and says"No wifi". I tried installing the payload patch which is suppose to fix the problem with no results. I tried re-installing the firmware in itunes and jailbreaking with iliberty over and over only to have a successful unlock and running phone with no wifi. The blutooth also says unavailable. What can I do about this? I ran winpwn and again the wifi does not work. I notice my world clock also keeps the wrong time despite my settings for specific countries.

I understand how all the programs work by reading on this site. I just need someone with firmware 1.1.4 to tell me how they got their wifi to work. I used the wifi on this phone already when it was unlocked by a friend. I obviously am doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Do I have a corrupt restore firmware? am I missing a patch? should I take a specific one off? Would love to get things in order, thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd restore and use ZiPhone or WinPwn/Pwnage.
    A Thanks is always nice =]

Thanks for the reply. I did try that and it did not work. I restored the 1.1.4. Then I unlocked it and used winpwn. The phone worked but the wifi remained greyed out.

Starting to wonder if my 1.1.4 file has an error in it?
    Last edited by The Bee; 2008-05-22 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hmmm...
    Well did you try ZiPhone's "Refurbish" option?

Actually I only use iliberty and winpwn. I am not too familiar with ziphone. I heard iliberty was a lot better. Can't undertsand this. What am I missing out?

Thanks

Well yeah everybody says this and says ZiPhone is bad for youre iPhone, but the reality is that jailbreaking in general and half of the things people do on their iPhones are "bad for their iphone".

But anyways, i like Ziphone because Jailbreak is about 30 seconds-1 minute, and has a lot easier interface and better/more options.

I had this problem once, for me, restoring with 1.1.4 FW and using iPlus2.0 to unlock\jailbreak did the trick.

I will look for this iplus program and hopefully try. Will let you know.

thanks everyone...

Ziphone refurbish and then a restore in i-tunes, followed by a full jailbreak, activate and unlock did not work.

Thanks

So are you saying no matter what you try, you cannot get any wifi connection at all?

I am not sure if I tried everything. My phone was unlocked initially by a friend. Everything worked. I have no idea what he used to unlock it as he apparrently payed some guy. Anyway, I recently did a restore and now I can't seem to get the wifi from being greyed out. Its greyed out and says "No wifi" Is there anything else you could suggest I try? The phone works well otherwise LOL

Thanks

Wait a secondd......Did you try reseting your wireless router yet?

My laptop is currently working on my wireless router. However, I cannot get wifi. It is greyed out so the option is not available. Therefore I cannot connect. The link below is my problem I believe. I just need it simplified a bit more.

sgold_bootrom:fixwifi [iPhone Dev Team]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zsuns View Post
    Well yeah everybody says this and says ZiPhone is bad for youre iPhone, but the reality is that jailbreaking in general and half of the things people do on their iPhones are "bad for their iphone".
    Hardly. The reality is that's lot of these things that are dangerous don't get released to the end user. Just certain ones, like ZiPhone

But anyways, i like Ziphone because Jailbreak is about 30 seconds-1 minute, and has a lot easier interface and better/more options.
    To be honest, ZiPhone's GUI and speed doesn't justify (at all) its use of a dangerous and unstable 1-pass method jailbreak and a shabby wifi fix that hardcodes a MAC address to "zibri" (how humble) when your wifi calibration tables get busted by memory corruption caused by the 1-pass method in the first place.

To the OP: Try the iLiberty grey wifi fix payload again. That's it at its most simple.

Anyway, thread moved
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-05-23 at 06:59 AM.

Thanks. It worked. But I had to use boot neuter and flash to fakeband 3.9 on. Then the iliberty fix worked.