Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Losing Reception on phone

Default Losing Reception on phone
    Hey all,

Im having a problem recently with my phone. Every once in awhile it will go through a phase where i will lose reception completely. IE: while im on the phone or while im trying to send a txt. I have no why it is doing this but im hoping one of you guys/girls will be able to help me out.

im running an unlocked 1.1.4 firmware 8 gig iphone.

i have tried pulling out the sim card and switching it with a friends and it still seems to be doing the same thing. I am afraid that this is infact a hardware related issued and that there is no fix but deep down inside i am hoping that this is not possible.

Recently I have installed Isack but other then thats, its pretty much all i have installed recently.

any help would be greatly appreciated

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

Well what Jailbreak method did you use ?
    A Thanks is always nice =]

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

i shake my phone some times when the bars go down.in places i kno it should have more bars, seems to work some times.or i restart phone.. could be just me . lol i used to wack my old phone on table worked good to. haha seriously. but i wuoldnt suggest wackin iphone on table
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

I jaibreaked my phone with ziphine I believe but this was really when it just came out . It worked fine for a couple of months but like 2 days ago it started doing this .

Its weird because it show no bars and it doesn't even list the name of the company I am with which it was before. Sometimes it will have full reception but the second I make a call all the bars go down. Its really weird . Anyone else have any idea before I start tapping my phone on the table?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I would restore the phone before I start doing that!

yeah thats what i was thinking of doing. I just ordered a new sim card because mine is a little hold. Could anyone point me to a thread or article where i would be able to find the steps to take to backup all my contacts on my iphone ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

All of your contacts are automatically backed up through itunes so are your sms messages, call history etc. My contacts are located in Microsoft Outlook, itunes pull them from there so whenever you restore your phone, you will get all your stuff back accept for the jailbroken applications.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you should sync your contacts, calendar events, photos and songs via itunes with outlook, etc and resync after you jailbreak your phone as it is always recommended to set up your phone as a new phone and not restore with a backup after jailbreaking

not my lucky day week.

so i did a complete restore of the phone and im still getting "No Service".

I am completely at a lose here.

Weird thing is that when i go on the maps and tell it to locate me, it locates me No problems. thats gotta mean theres something in there working..

What should i do ? im completely out of luck i think.

Thanks

try putting a piece of tape on the back of your sim card (the smooth side). Sometimes they get a little loose. This helped for me.

This was an excellent idea but it still doesnt work. Its weird because it shows full reception at the bar at the top but when i go to make a call it goes all the way down and says called failed. I tried my sim card in another phone and it worked just fine.

Any more more suggestions ?

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    try putting a piece of tape on the back of your sim card (the smooth side). Sometimes they get a little loose. This helped for me.