Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie question? Please help. Concerns IMing

Default Newbie question? Please help. Concerns IMing
    I want to get an iphone but Im worried about its IMing capabilities. Like I want it to work on Edge most of the time and even if my is in sleep (or whatever) I still want to be logged in. Ive done this with my blackberry curve so I was thinking it should be possible with an Iphone. Also is there a native iphone app that does this? I really dont want to fool around with web apps.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you're better off waiting for the second general iphone. if ichat comes with it i'm sure it'll work as well as whatever you're using with the curve. plus i think beejive is developing a chat program for the iphone as well.

there's currently no stable chat program for the iphone

damn and the second gen iphones are the ones coming out in june

One more thing... Couldnt I just get a regular iphone now and just get the upgraded software to 2.0? Would that work
    Last edited by JonFolse; 2008-05-21 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

i like beejive, its online based, like through safari, but, times out every so often. i like it tho, and it dosent use ur txts so thats good for me fairly quick on edge too... fring only works on wifi i even signed up for skype for a couple of months to try it out . lol
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

I thought the description says it works on EDGE 2?

I thought Fring only works with wifi ? Never tried using it with edge to be honest. It works pretty good on wifi.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

wht fring?? i dont think so it might. but im pretty sure phone calls wont seeeing thats VoIp hence wifi
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!