Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Big iphone Problem help needed

  1. #1
    Default Big iphone Problem help needed
    The iphone was bought unlocked and jailbroken.

    One day it decided to crash and had to be switched off with the sleep + home button.

    Then a Large battery logo appeared.

    Use recovery mode to restore the phone.

    But now the phone locks on to the Apple startup logo, sometimes restarts it self a few time and again gets stuck on the startup logo.

    After a while it goes to the logo with iTunes and cable and ask for iphone to be restored.


    I also sometime get this white text.


    Singleuser boot --fsck not done
    Root device is mounted read-only

    If you want to make modifications to files:

    /sbin/fsck -fy
    /sbin/mount -uw /

    If you wish to boot the system:
    exit

    Feb 5 21:06:07 launchd[3]: can't exec /bin/sh for single user: No such file or directory


    I have tried downgrading to different firmware upgrading. Restarting the pc many times. I tried nearly all methods.

    Use ziphone to go into DFU mode etc etc.

    But no solution.

    Is there a way to directly write over system files? maybe that could help.

    I dont know

    any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by yojay View Post
    The iphone was bought unlocked and jailbroken.

    One day it decided to crash and had to be switched off with the sleep + home button.

    Then a Large battery logo appeared.

    Use recovery mode to restore the phone.

    But now the phone locks on to the Apple startup logo, sometimes restarts it self a few time and again gets stuck on the startup logo.

    After a while it goes to the logo with iTunes and cable and ask for iphone to be restored.

    I also sometime get this white text.


    Singleuser boot --fsck not done
    Root device is mounted read-only

    If you want to make modifications to files:

    /sbin/fsck -fy
    /sbin/mount -uw /

    If you wish to boot the system:
    exit

    Feb 5 21:06:07 launchd[3]: can't exec /bin/sh for single user: No such file or directory


    I have tried downgrading to different firmware upgrading. Restarting the pc many times. I tried nearly all methods.

    Use ziphone to go into DFU mode etc etc.

    But no solution.

    Is there a way to directly write over system files? maybe that could help.

    I dont know

    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    If you can get into DFU mode, connect to itunes and in a short time, itunes should recognize you iphone, then restore to 1.1.4. After the restore, setup as NEW and then use your favorite jailbreak software.

  3. #3
    I done that already, i shift restore to 1.1.4, then did default iTune restore and upgrade.

    This lead me to the emergency unlock section. Also showed the itune and cable icon with unlock slide. (yes something new)

    I tried to jailbreak+ activate but phone crashes. When I run the restore again goes back to the white text.

    So had to do manual 1.1.4 restore then the itune restore upgrade and this takes me back to the unlock and emergency screen.

    I was wondering can I manually replace system files using iDemocracy?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by yojay View Post
    I done that already, i shift restore to 1.1.4, then did default iTune restore and upgrade.

    This lead me to the emergency unlock section. Also showed the itune and cable icon with unlock slide. (yes something new)

    I tried to jailbreak+ activate but phone crashes. When I run the restore again goes back to the white text.

    So had to do manual 1.1.4 restore then the itune restore upgrade and this takes me back to the unlock and emergency screen.

    I was wondering can I manually replace system files using iDemocracy?
    From what you describe, you are getting back into a "new" iphone condition with the "emergency unlock slide". That is what my OTB showed also. If you are using a Mac, try the pwnage tool 1.1 or if you are using a PC, I would use either iliberty+ or winpwn and follow the instructions very carefully.

    Good Youtube video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic9w_toaVuM"]YouTube - iLiberty+ basic walkthrough for iPhone 1.1.4[/ame]
    Last edited by hiflyer; 2008-05-21 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Add link

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to hiflyer For This Useful Post:

    yojay (2008-05-21)

  6. #5
    thank you I will try it

    didnt work =(, when i switch the phone of= f during the emergency unlock slide and turn the phone back on it will reset in to the itunes + cable icon.

    I think the phone is bricked. Some internal files needs to be replace or re-written. Any idea is this possible on the mac or vista?

    thanks for any help.
    Last edited by yojay; 2008-05-22 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #6
    Rewrite the files is what the restore does. When you get the emergency unlock screen, can you, without unlockiing, shift click on the restore button, if so what happens then?

    Do you have 1.1.4 on your iphone at the present time?
    Last edited by hiflyer; 2008-05-22 at 02:44 AM.

  8. #7
    No I cant shift click on restore button. itunes tells me to insert the appropriate sim card, which I don't have.

    I believe it is bricked, I have tried everything and nothing is working. Normally restore setting helped but in my case it didnt work.

  9. #8
    My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nar Nar Goon, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 88 Times in 71 Posts

    Wow, looks like your in a bit of a pickle. I'm thinking it has nothing to do with your firmware, but deeper into the phone because a restore completely erases the firmware and take the system files with it.
    Can you get to the springboard at all or does it just crack it every time you attempt to jailbreak?

    Have you tried WinPwn? Jailbreaking the firmware before loading could help you greatly. If you have trouble with WinPwn, I could make you a custom firmware that you can load onto your iPhone.

    You might be looking at needing a replacement. And to do that you need to fully refurbish your phone so that Apple accepts it. You can use ZiPhone for this. But, I have never tried to get a replacement, especially since I live in Australia makes it difficult.

    Keep me posted. Hope we can get this to work for you.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

    2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

    Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

  10. #9
    I manage to get the emergancy slide a few times, if i switch the phone off it will go back to the recover icon screen.

    Once in a while it goes through apple icon and keeps rebooting it self before white text.

    Sometimes after a few firmware restores it gets me to the white screen text and stays there.

    Singleuser boot --fsck not done
    Root device is mounted read-only

    If you want to make modifications to files:

    /sbin/fsck -fy
    /sbin/mount -uw /

    If you wish to boot the system:
    exit

    May 5 21:06:07 launchd[3]: can't exec /bin/sh for single user: No such file or directory



    Springboard has never loaded. =(

    I never used WinPwn, can I use it just being on restore icon screen or emergancy slide screen?

    A custom firmware may help. I will try everything possible as the only worst thing that can happen is the iphone not turning on lol

    Thanks for the help

  11. #10
    My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nar Nar Goon, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 88 Times in 71 Posts

    Haha, well first grab yourself a copy of WinPwn at here.

    Flick through the site and check out how the program works. I have PwnageTool because I have a Mac, but if you look thought the site I'm sure they will have instructions on how to use WinPwn.

    But basically what I does is it makes your phone able to restore custom firmware files, then allowing you to jailbreak and add apps before loading the .ispw onto your phone as you do when you restore.

    If you have any problems I will gladly help

    And if Pwnage fails, your best option is a refurbish and hope to god Apple will fix or replace your phone...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

    2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

    Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

  12. #11
    thanks, I will try the above, I too have a mac so will try it on both.

    One more thing where can I find reliable custom firmwares?
    Last edited by yojay; 2008-05-22 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #12
    My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nar Nar Goon, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 88 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by yojay View Post
    thanks, I will try the above, I too have a mac so will try it on both.

    One more thing where can I find reliable custom firmwares?
    No no no. You make the custom firmware's yourself.
    Here's some guides I have found for you.
    They will help you with PwnageTool and WinPwn.

    PwnageTool Guide
    WinPwn Guide

    Hope they help!!
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

    2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

    Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

  14. #13
    lol ahh ok. Well I try this and if it doesnt work, THATS IT! lol

    thanks for all the help

  15. #14
    My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nar Nar Goon, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 88 Times in 71 Posts

    No problem man. Hope it all works out. Sounds so gay! I would hate it...

    iPhones aren't cheep...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

    2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

    Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to MattMac For This Useful Post:

    yojay (2008-05-23)

  17. #15
    I given up, thanks for your help Matt! =D

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by yojay View Post
    I given up, thanks for your help Matt! =D

    One other thing before you throw in the towel, I look back through the threads and i may may missed it, but did you ever manually put the iphone into DFU mode? This is where you have a black screen. Accessed by holding the power and home button for several seconds until the screen turns black. Then continue to hold the home button and plug it into your computer and wait 20 seconds or so for itunes to recognize the iphhone?

  19. #17
    yep done that too.

    Thanks for your help too!

    One more thing if I may ask.

    Can a custom firmware be already jailbroken and unlocked when I restore the iphone, so I dont need to do it after?

  20. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by yojay View Post
    yep done that too.

    Thanks for your help too!

    One more thing if I may ask.

    Can a custom firmware be already jailbroken and unlocked when I restore the iphone, so I dont need to do it after?
    Yes, you can create a custom firmware and use it whenever you like. That's the beauty of pwning. So, after you have pwned your iphone, just restore with your custom FW. I believe you have a Mac. My favorite software is the pwnage tool 1.1. Good luck!

  21. #19
    ok one last time!

  22. #20
    My iPhone acted like that when I restored it again thru iTunes. I restored it because after unlocking and jailbreaking it thru iLiberty, Youtube did not work anymore. I tried every solution I have read here and other sites but still I cannot get the Youtube to work.

    Going back to your problem, like what you've said, iTunes was telling me that my T-Mobile sim card was not valid or something. Fortunately, I have an inactive AT&T sim and I just switched it. I waited for my iPhone to go to the main menu and then I switched back my T-Mobile sim card again. I was surprised that my iPhone recognized my T-Mobile sim card and my Youtube was working again. The only problem I have now is there is no ringing sound when someone's calling me. I know the speakers are okay because I can hear sounds when I watch on Youtube.

    My suggestion for your problem is try to buy any AT&T sim card on eBay and do what I did to my iPhone. Let me know if it worked. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •