Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes resyncing same songs everytime!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone wgr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iTunes resyncing same songs everytime!!
    When I have songs on my iphone and I want to add just 1, I click sync and it adds (re-syncs) songs I know are already on there plus the one I added?!? Why is this?

it will resync if you change any part of the tag (ex. artist title song ect.) also if you move the file to a new folder it sometimes resyncs it.

Thanks

That makes sense...but im doing neither of those. Its the same songs that keep re-syncing...Thanks for your help by the way!

thats strange i would try updateing itunes if you dont already have the latest version

Thanks

Well, if I sync back to back it doesnt do that...it only does it if i shut down itunes, then re-sync. If I update itunes will i lose any of my mods to my 1.1.1? The Mecca ringtone thing should still work right? Other than that the phone is jailbroken...

what version of itunes do you have and what version is you phone software (1.1.1?)

i just updated my phone to 1.1.2 and i have itunes 7.5 and i used iDemocracy to install ring tones via mecca method and it works

but before updating 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 install OktoPrep through installer.app then update through i tunes and use iDemocracy to jailbreak go to installer.app download bsdSubsystem and open ssh and open media manager on iDemocracy and go to the ring tone section and press patch mecca
    Last edited by robbpell; 2007-11-19 at 02:34 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

it doesnt resync all songs i think it just checks a couple, the last on each playlist i think to check if you have changed anything. Mines does anyway

iTunes keeps a count of the number of times a song has been played or skipped once it started playing, so the counts on your iPhone/iPod will sync to iTunes, and iTunes syncs this info back to your device. It should just be updating a small bit of info, not the entire song each time.

But Jimbo, that info - no. of times played / skipped - is not used on the iPhone, is it? If I'm correct in that, then it doesn't make sense for iTunes to sync the songs.

Btw, I saw this anomaly last week (I must say shortly after I updated to 7.5). Three songs kept syncing without any changes whatsoever to them. But in my case, the problem went away by itself.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!