Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Basic Info For You..Yes You

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Basic Info For You..Yes You
    Alrighty. This is for you if you are a little new to this world. First go into your UserCp on this site, top of page right under what section you are in,its a blue bar. Go into the profile tab and enter some basic info, i.e. what firmware version you are rocking, how you jail broke that firmware. And def tell what OS you are working with, OS 10, Windows Xp, Vista ext. This will make it easier for every one to help every one.O YEAH THE MOST IMPORTANT THING !!!! SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH. if you cant find it SEARCH AGAIN, try to refine your search, i.e make simpler, shorter, get to the point. be very basic. the search function is way better than it ever was(powered by google now) aka awesome searching capabilites. Hope This Helps The Noobs..Not to Be a jerk callin folks noobs.But i mean im still a noob too. Just trying to help every one

Well i Hope atleast a handfull of our fellow noobs read this. jeez i was just tryin to be a nice guy. i geuss nice guys do finish last
    Last edited by screamforme02; 2008-05-22 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

bhz1 (2008-05-21), Zolan (2008-05-23)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Where's the search button? The mods should make one that's HUUUUGE and flashing!!!!!!!!! at the top of the site at all times.

Thanks

yeh i kno right. lol love ur signature thing dfu mode lol awsome. owel i was just tryin to make it easier for errbody, but as u can see the noobs dont even read threads that are already posted. hahahah i hope you all brick your phones. jkjk kindof

This thread will just end up on the last page of this section.... just like all the other ones telling people to do simple things... alas... 'tis a shame... so it goes...

Thanks

correction if i keep posting in it, it should in theory stay on front page right..? haha some one help me out. make these mofo's see it, there bound to read it if it has a million posts and views

not lettin this die. *BUMP* come on give me something, atleast a bumb
    Last edited by screamforme02; 2008-05-21 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

What I find amazing is that it doesn't matter what a forum is for, whether it be iPhones, PC's, cars, whatever, it is pretty apparent that general forum ettiquette to search first before posting. Sort of like not using all caps.

ive seen a lot of forums that dont let noobs post.

Thanks

I recall joining an email list once that did not let new members post for 2 weeks. The intent was so the would read and learn what the protocol was. They were real serious about off topic posts and other rule breeches, that violators were banned from posting for 2 weeks. This was back in the dark ages of dial-up so bandwidth was the issue. Still I remember when I was a n00b here spending hours (actually days) reading threads faq's, etc. It made it harder to find stuff with the redundent questions (duh!)

I read posts for several weeks before even purchasing my iPhone, then another couple of weeks before jailbreaking it. I realize not everyone is on an authorized carrier, but you can still do some homework first.

Thanks

you and me both bhzl although i did all my research while i had my phone and searched and searched a fundged my phone up and searched some more. but imade it through, all my questions were already answerd. and now im rocking 1.1.3 and lovin the iphone life..*bump*

Thanks

Oh yes, did plenty of that too while stuck with various "problems" during jailbreaks, post jailbreak etc, getting all my old apps to work on 1.1.3 and now 1.1.4.

Search and Google are your best friends.

On that note, my 18 year old bought an iPhone which i jailbroke for him mainly for Summerboard and Customize. he loves his custom screens. At anyrate, hes had a couple of issues pop up from time to time and has come to me asking for help. The first time i helped him and told him to search and discover. the next time he came with an issue i looked at him and told him "Google is your best friend". He fixed it himself and has never come to me since, with his iPhone or any other gadget.

Whats that saying about giving a man a fish or teaching him to fish?

Thanks

haha yeh *bump*

Banned
    Thanks

ok if you guys want to learn about the iphone and ask questions got to www.toptechpro.com it is a friendly forum with not to many people but we now are stuff. Please join we need to expand the forum so we can help everyone with iphone and more.

Thanks

SPAM?? hmm i dunno maybe ill check it out. and hey i thought i was being friendly. jeez

edit: just clicked link...there boards were down hahahah

Default top tech pro
    I actually am the founder of toptechpro.com. I apologize for the site being down. I was adding rss to the forum. We are not a commercial site we have only been up since last Monday. I would appreciate if you guys would check my site out. Please don't consider this spam. I really enjoy this forum and I think you might enjoy mine too.

Thank for reading,

Zolan

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zolan For This Useful Post:

Broda (2008-05-28)

Thanks

Yeh, Zolan just registered with your site very sharp lookin design. you may see me wandering around there. i need something to get me off this forum sometimes, its just so addicting here. And wow you have a plethera of topics goin on there could be fun. sry for spam comment
    Last edited by screamforme02; 2008-05-22 at 07:41 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

Zolan (2008-05-22)

Thanks

bump