Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Have I Bricked a new iPhone?

Default Have I Bricked a new iPhone?
    HELP!!

After researching on the web, used iLibertyX to unlock an iPhone on basis of reports that iPhone could be returned to Factory Apple settings with no trace of previous unlocking...
    Seemed easy, took a couple of minutes...

Offered to unlock daughter's iPhone, same method - after couple of hours still "executing Jailbreak"... yanked the connecting cable...matrix like scrolling repeating text...BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0 Fix
    pressing power and home button combination can get connect to itunes screen - on connecting, attempt to restore fails - tried to force firmware install with downloaded 1.1.1 firmware, hold down alt key, click restore button...same result

working from G5 iMac 10.4.11 - is there any way forward on Mac? or do I have to get access to a PC? what software would I need? or have I bricked a brand new iPhone?...

Thanks
    Why dont ppl read this forum?

1.JUST PUT IT IN DFU MODE WITH iLIBERTY!
    2.open up itunes and it will say its in restore mode or some ****..
    3. Resore to 1.1.4! wait till its finished
    4. BAM its fixed
    5. no use your favorite unlock/activator program.
    6.If you want to downgrade again, just do the restore in DFU mode.

[QUOTE=brendank;1051131]HELP!!

After researching on the web, used iLibertyX to unlock an iPhone on basis of reports that iPhone could be returned to Factory Apple settings with no trace of previous unlocking...
    Seemed easy, took a couple of minutes...

Try putting your iphone into DFU mode by:

Turn off your iPhone.

Hold Power and Home button, the iPhone should now start to boot.

When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but HOLD the home button.

Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that your are in restore mode.

Restore to 1.1.4

what they said

i had similar issue

Quote Originally Posted by ChAoS aCiD View Post
    Why dont ppl read this forum?

1.JUST PUT IT IN DFU MODE WITH iLIBERTY!
    2.open up itunes and it will say its in restore mode or some ****..
    3. Resore to 1.1.4! wait till its finished
    4. BAM its fixed
    5. no use your favorite unlock/activator program.
    6.If you want to downgrade again, just do the restore in DFU mode.
    thanks for response - if iTunes restore worked I wouldn't have posted request for help...
    itunes didn't and various websites reccomended manual instal of firmware which also didn't work.

If DFU mode was available I'd've used it

Why don't ppl read forums? Why don't ppl read posts...stated I was a mac user - TRIED iLibertyX - ALL menus greyed out - doesn't recognise iphone...

seem to be back in a loop - 'restore iphone', if I could I would

If you are telling me to get iphone linked to windows pc because iLiberty will work where iLibertyX did not, I'll take your advice and let you know how I get on

Thanks for at least trying to offer help, guys, but I thought I'd detailed that I have already done what you suggest.

48 hours on the web and YouTube looking at too many bloomin teenagers telling me how to unlock or restore iphones - but it isn't happening for me.

I have unlocked one and did nothing different for the second , but it has screwed the phone - brand new phone screwed despite trying to find the *safest* and most *reversible* unlock procedure ( was wary of Ziphone because unable to fully restore to factory settings)

Anybody got any further ideas, please
    Last edited by brendank; 2008-05-20 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

look at my thread... your having same issue as me i think

i went from 1.1.1 --->1.1.4

man with zihpone it makes life so much easier... it just unlocks it in 1 shot .... i did it in olike 4 phones in 30 min how how quick it is to unlock

anyway.. i think i have to updat my itunes cos the FW wasn't installing for me either

IN RESTORE OR ECOVERY MODE and all that stuff.

so itunes IF you ran through the same **** as me

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brendank View Post
    thanks for response - if iTunes restore worked I wouldn't have posted request for help...
    itunes didn't and various websites reccomended manual instal of firmware which also didn't work.

If DFU mode was available I'd've used it

Why don't ppl read forums? Why don't ppl read posts...stated I was a mac user - TRIED iLibertyX - ALL menus greyed out - doesn't recognise iphone...

seem to be back in a loop - 'restore iphone', if I could I would

If you are telling me to get iphone linked to windows pc because iLiberty will work where iLibertyX did not, I'll take your advice and let you know how I get on

Thanks for at least trying to offer help, guys, but I thought I'd detailed that I have already done what you suggest.

48 hours on the web and YouTube looking at too many bloomin teenagers telling me how to unlock or restore iphones - but it isn't happening for me.

I have unlocked one and did nothing different for the second , but it has screwed the phone - brand new phone screwed despite trying to find the *safest* and most *reversible* unlock procedure ( was wary of Ziphone because unable to fully restore to factory settings)

Anybody got any further ideas, please
    Im sorry, Judgeing from the way you only have 2 posts now, i assumed you was a complete noob at this stuff... and the first post sounded like you was.

i installed new itunes and it installed my fw fine