Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Worst Luck ever! :(

Default The Worst Luck ever! :(
    okay so i have installer on my iphone. the other day i dropped it and my home button no longer works, my phone is no longer recognized by my computer. however it will charge in a bose docking station. sometimes when i restart it it will restart in the mode where it says connect to itunes, but like i said it is not recognized. i took to the apple store and the guy said as soon as i uninstall the 3rd part stuff he would give me a replacement, but i cant restore it! is there anything i can do? i tried the ziphone way but it doesn't work... running on version 1.1.4

Thanks

Put the phone into DFU mode( hold the home and the power button till the screen goes black. Keep holding the home button but let go of the power button.)
    Connect the iPhone to the computer.. Itunes should pick it up, do a restore.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyo View Post
    Put the phone into DFU mode( hold the home and the power button till the screen goes black. Keep holding the home button but let go of the power button.)
    Connect the iPhone to the computer.. Itunes should pick it up, do a restore.
    he broke his home button

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatexpka View Post
    he broke his home button
    Good point I wish Apple had a secret, hidden button somewhere to serve as an emergency home button or a replacement home button. I am always nervous when pressing Home button on my iPhone because it feels so fragile.

To OP: Sorry mate That really blows I hope you can find a solution soon.

There are programs like Autodown that can be run while the iphone is connected to your computer and will automatically put it in DFU mode for you. I have a link to a similar program if you need it pm me or else google autodown 1.1.4

ZiPhone?

i have ziphone but the phone itself will not connect to my computer. so all those programs dont work either

Thanks

solution= fry iphone and return to apple (no, dont stick it in a pan with oil..)

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

well i suggest somehow u get to virginize ur phone. best bet is through winscp, or if u can go to installer app, download the installer