Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Broken!?!?!?

Default Iphone Broken!?!?!?
    okay, i'm in a state of shock right now. heres whats going on. i installed a new app installer (iswitcher), tried to download something, and it said "could not download", so i restarted my iphone.

Now it goes to my springboard, has that little wait timer circle thingy spinning around, then it stops and freezes, then goes again for a second, then freezes. i can't access any icons on my springboard, and when i hook my iphone up to sync it, it doesn't "find" my iphone because of this freezing issue. the only thing i've been able to do is to hold down the home and on/off button to restart it, i've done it 4-5 times and still the same issues.

help please!!

Slow down, Breath in and try this 1 more time.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602

*breathing like a pregnant woman in labor*

okay, so i got to the yellow triangle, itunes picked it up, i got the dialog box, do i hit restore okay? because my iphone is unlocked, i'll have to unlock my iphone then again right?

i'm running a 1.0.2 firmware, it says it will erase all of my iphone settings to factory settings and UPDATE WITH THE LATEST SOFTWARE, does that mean it will change my firmware to 1.1.2? because i dont want to brick my iphone
    Last edited by iphonerox; 2007-11-15 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wow, Can you read?

If you restore / update your iphone to 1.1.2 you will not be able to unlock it at that firmware, you will have to downgrade it to 1.1.1 to then jailbreak and unlock at that firmware, alternatley you could download the 1.1.1 firmware to your computer and hold the shift button on your pc while you press restore on itunes then look for the 1.1.1 firmware you downloaded, then you dont have to go through a complicated downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1.

okay, i went ahead and restored it, looked like it restored it back to 1.0.2, i went through the whole unlocking process again and unlocked the tmobile $5.99 internet, i think i'm squared away, thanks again everyone for your help. i learned my lesson, if you mod, be more careful about what you throw on the iphone! eek, man that was a panic attack