Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Edge used instead of WiFi. WHY?

Default Edge used instead of WiFi. WHY?
    When I turn my iphone on (jailborken [ZiPhone] 1.1.4) The WiFi icon will show up in the top task bar. it will connect to my wireless router, and then the Edge icon will show up and WiFi will disappear. I know the WiFi signal is there because I am writing this using the same network on my Mac. When I go into the Settings app, it shows I am connected to my wireless network and I have an IP address. Another thing I am worried about is I cannot seem to SSH into it. Thats why I think the WiFi (although it says I have an IP) is not really connected.

Anyone experience this or heard about it happening?

Install Boss Prefs from Installer and turn off Edge when you don't need it? I can't get edge with my current Sim contract so it has never been a problem for me, but I use Boss prefs all the time to quickly turn off Wifi, Bluetooth and SSH to save battery. There is also an option to turn off Edge so the simplest thing would be to just turn off edge when you don't need it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

Imagine3 (2008-05-19)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

Restart your wirless router.
    A Thanks is always nice =]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zsuns For This Useful Post:

Imagine3 (2008-05-19)

Got it. I tried Boss Prefs and that didn't work becaue I am always walking in and out of wifi/edge spots. I actually found a neat thing where I was able to reset my network settings. That did the trick. But it really wasn't that obvious to find.