Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore to 1.1.1?

Default Restore to 1.1.1?
    So one of those awesome sources that gives a "main script execution error" just put my phone in another endless reboot cycle, so unless their has been any developments in fixing this I'm going to just restore the phone. I don't want to go to 1.1.2, not even a little bit, at least not until it is compatible with everything else. How can I restore to 1.1.1 so I can still use all the applications and stuff? Even better has anyone come up with a way to solve the reboot cycle caused by main script execution error.

I don't know why those sources are still online if they aren't fixed yet, do they not realize they are screwing up peoples phones?

Yea never mind, found the tutorial, downloaded the 1.1.1 firmware and did the shift restore method, so far its working just fine.

Lets get a list of sources that are guaranteed safe going. I hate that little Main Script Execution error surprise.
    Last edited by j13jjs; 2007-11-15 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i was having the same problems w/ "main script exc. failed", mainly with iswitcher, installed bsd subsytems through installer... have not had one problem since, but looking carefully through threads, been able to learn from others mistakes- thanks for taking one for the team "others"....

p.s. Stay away from Hightymes Repository__Kyle has been smoking that "oohwee" and not for sure when problems will be resolved!!

Banned
    Thanks

yeah....no point for 1.1.2....hope all goes well

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i got this issue late last night, i installed something, unsure what now b/c i did a few thigns at once.

then my phone would boot and pretty much crash and reboot. Itunes wouldn't pick it up either, i thought ibricked right away, LOL

for a while i couldn't get it goto manual restore mode, now i got it restored but i had to goto 1.1.2 b/c when i would try 1.1.1 it would get a error.

so now, with 1.1.2, i'm trying to down grade to 1.0.2 and i keep getting a error msg.

so back to 1.1.2 in hopes of a downgrade less solution!! sorry to hear your troubles as well....