Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone could not be restored to any versions.

Unhappy Iphone could not be restored to any versions.
    Hi all,

I'm a new into this forum, and sorry my english but I need help.

The problem:

I have one iPhone new, recall only of failing to reach the screen of activation.

I buy with the firmware 1.1.1, I tried to restore in various ways to version 1.0.2, and since yesterday, I have tried to restore to version 1.1.2, but too without success.

During restore by iTunes, i receive this error: Iphone, could not be restored. Unknown error (1), (1604) or (2003).

Important note: during restore by itunes, iPhone begins to restart until the program getting tired and give the error, hehe.

I tested:
    Hold down the Sleep and Home button for 10 seconds. Allow the phone to power off, but keep holding down the buttons. After 10 seconds, let go of the Sleep button, but keep the Home button pressed until iTunes sees your iPhone.

But iPhone start in white and begins to restart...

Hold down the Sleep and Home button for 30 seconds.

But during restore, he too begins to restart...

In all process, I don't view yellow triangle, only cable sync and iTunes logo.

I don't know more what to do, please help me.

I have Windows XP SP2, iTunes 7.4.3.1 and i don't have wi-fi connection in my house.

connect your iphone to itunes.... hold both buttons until you see your iphone disappear from itunes.... as soon as you see that, release the power button and keep holding the home button until your iphone reappears in itunes in recovery mode and restore/upgrade.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to princemarko For This Useful Post:

Gux_ (2007-11-15)

Quote Originally Posted by princemarko View Post
    connect your iphone to itunes.... hold both buttons until you see your iphone disappear from itunes.... as soon as you see that, release the power button and keep holding the home button until your iphone reappears in itunes in recovery mode and restore/upgrade.
    I tested this, during on downgrade, iPhone start in white and begins to restart...

Downgrading to 1.1.2 and 1.1.1, I receive this error: "Iphone, could not be restored. Unknown error (1611)."

Downgrading to 1.0.2, is this error: "Iphone, could not be restored. Unknown error (1)."

Thanks your help, but I don't have success too...

I don't know more what to do!

Thanks

Download ibrickr and use that to downgrade and reboot

6. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

Gux_ (2007-11-15)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Download ibrickr and use that to downgrade and reboot
    I tested this too, but on Step 2 in iBrickr, iPhone begins to restart... And in restore by iTunes, I receive error (2003).

But in iBrickr, i go to "Boot the phone <-- Click this if you don't know what's happening.", the iPhone screen go to Red, on iBrickr this is iPhone Ok, but during iBrickr "Attempting to fix...", he begins to restart retry and don't stop more, only I remove cable but it turns off again, and turn on again only I connect to cable sync, but also restarting...

I have iBrickr v0.91, and I have sucess in unlocking seven iPhones and none have this problem.

I really don't know more what to do.

I restore in normal mode: Connect fone in cable sync and open iTunes and click in Restore, and download 1.1.2 firmware on iTunes and "downgrade", more i don't have sucess retry.

But, now I receive error 1611!

Please help me!

Please! I need help!
    Last edited by Gux_; 2007-11-16 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am facing the same problem too with my 2 units. The other one is really blank screen and it can't be detected by my pc computer and itunes (latest version). The other unit that is also blank screen, the pc computer and itunes can detect it but restoring it has been unsuccessful for me. Getting all the problems like what Gux listed here.

I don't know what to do as well.

Hope someone might be of help. Cheers!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jansnuck For This Useful Post:

Gux_ (2007-11-16)

I believed that the problem occurred only me ... I'm searching a way to put this.

What version of your iphone? My is A1203.

Help me!
    Last edited by Gux_; 2007-11-16 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

have you tried unistalling itunes then reinstalling!!!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jedinight For This Useful Post:

Gux_ (2007-11-16)

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    have you tried unistalling itunes then reinstalling!!!!!
    I tested this but don't have sucess...

hey guys no solution for this?
    I receive error 1 everytime i try to downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1

Please, nobody knows cure for this?

I'm still having this very same problem. Can't restore to any version.