Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Stuck on Connect to Itunes

Exclamation Iphone Stuck on Connect to Itunes
    Hi guys,

Well after scouring the forums for the last few days, finnaly decided to post something...

My phone appears to be stuck in recovery mode (displaying "connect to itunes" screen) This is a list of things i have tried with no success.

iNdependece - it will connect to the phone (message down the bottom says "connected to iphone in recovery mode") Only thing is all the buttons are grayed out and i cant click on any.

iBrickr - click on boot button, screen goes green (read itunes part below) says to recover with itunes. I can click on just downgrade to 1.0.2 screen goes white (i believe this is the DFU mode)

Itunes - Can shift and option restore (both mac and pc) select firmware (all vers) extracts but endlessly sits on "waiting for iphone". Does the same when screen is green via iBrickr.

Apptapper - opens gets fimrware (all vers) but sits on the Attempting to boot iPhone in normal mode.

tried connecting to it via "iphoneinterface" and "iphuc" get nowhere after doing the little command list (auto-boot fsboot etc etc thing)

So any help would be amazing, I do think that it is stuck in recovery mode, and nothing so far has been able to jump it out (oh tried wINstaller just says please connect iphone after it attempts to put it out of recovery mode)

any ideas? force recovery mode off or iDemocracy (new ver tomorrow) or some script or something.

Thanks in advance!

Jaemie

ugggggh i am getting the same problem, did you ever find a solution?

aenema6x
    Did you try manually forcing your phone into DFU mode then restoring?

Default Is my iphone a lemon?
    please help me!!

my iphone is stuck, i really have tried everything and have been fighting with it for 2 hours!
    only thing i haven't done is wait all night.

this is the deal:
    1) i was upgrading to the newest version of the iphone when it froze and i had to restart my pc
    2) then i unplugged the iphone (which was no longer being recognized on my computer)
    3) then i held down the top "off" button and it turned off and restarted with the apple logo and brought me to the screen "plug into itunes" with a usb and arrow towards itunes.
    4) then i tried unplugging it and holding down the home button until i replugged it in and then that didn't work
    5) then i tried to plug it into my mac
    6) repeated step 4
    7) took out my sim card, tried again--same thing.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEE

update,
    everytime it goes through this process if i leave it plugged in it shuts off and then i have to re-press the power button "lock button" and it turns on ot the apple for a second then flashes back to plug into itunes
    ughhhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by clafakis; 2009-04-10 at 11:34 AM.

What iPhone do you have?
    What FW were you on?
    What FW are you trying to upgrade too?
    What OS /SP are you using
    What version of iTunes?
    What happens when you try and connect to iTunes and restore?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I had this situation on an older 2G as well . . . tried almost everything I could find. Still no luck. Anyone with new solutions would be much welcomed. I've since moved on to a 3G, but would like to get the old one working again. Not sure the FW at the moment.

I love the way you guys give no useful information buyt expect people to be able to help you!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

^ haha true.
    If you write down the info and explain some more then someone would be much more likely to be able to help .

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

help me...phone no working...help please.........hahahahaha

Thanks

^^ lol. enough said.