Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wifi Help

Default Wifi Help
    this might seem long but i want to explain the situation. i first had the greyed out wifi problem but finally fixed that. anyways the wifi still wont connect. when i go into settings it gives me a 192.168 ip address which i assume is normal? the only problem is, that is not the ip address that comes up for my computer or home wireless connection but the iphone is saying it is connected to my home network. I searched google to determine my ip and i get 67 something. Also if i go to start then run and pull up ipconifig through cmd it also gives a different ip from both the orginal search and the one on the iphone. If i have tried restarting my router and reseting the network settings on the iphone but nothing works. I hope this isnt to confusing and somebody can help. Thanks

Go to settings with WiFi set to On...Select your WiFI and tap on the Blue Arrow.

Under 'DHCP" you can change the DNS Servers.
    Under "Static" you can edit all the information manually.

Option 1

Try OpenDNS

Set your DNS to: 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220

Option 2

Under Static Tab:

IP Address: 192.168.1.150
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Router: 192.168.1.1
    DNS: 192.168.1.1

So try this. It might be good to go to settings/General/Reset/Resetnetworksetting and do the reset.

Chris

I would love to know how you fixed the greyed out problem? That iliberty fix does not work for me. What other payloads did you use or did not use?

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Bee View Post
    I would love to know how you fixed the greyed out problem? That iliberty fix does not work for me. What other payloads did you use or did not use?
    there is patches in installer to fix greyed out wifi issue. i think under tweaks, or search for "greyd out wifi"
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!