View Poll Results: Did this HELP you get a new iPhone?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and Thank You!

0 0%
  • No, and I still have a broken iPhone

0 0%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Warranty Walkthrough that worked for Me*

Default Warranty Walkthrough that worked for Me*
    *From personal experience* Apple will TRY NOT to warranty your phone if it has not been activated with AT&T ever. They check the serial number of the phone with there system and see that it has never been activated. This is the same exact thing if you go online to the Apple site and click on warranty status. It will tell you warranty is not valid b/c it has never been activated with AT&T. With a little intuative thinking and playing dumb Apple should (Not making promises) warranty your iPhone. Heres how I pulled it off:

1.)Virginize with Ziphone 3.0

2.)Restore to latest firmware w/ iTunes ---(Hold Shift/Option click Restore and select firmware)

3.) Using iLiberty+: Activate (DO NOT INSTALL Installer/Cydia. This is one of the first things Apple checks for)

4.)T-Mobile: If your on T-Mobile it is very very important you do this. Activate a PayAsYouGo Pre-Paid card at an AT&T store. Simply tell them you have the phone at home and just need the sim activated. Cost of this should be from $10-$30 depending on location.
    AT&T: Go To Next Step

5.)Put AT&T sim in iPhone and sync w/ iTunes

6.)iTunes will ask if you want to restore from previous backup. *I found this to be helpful b/c all files(ex.pics, contacts, email accounts, settings, etc.) will be restored.

7.)Make sure once restore is done. Make sure iTunes recognizes phone number of AT&T sim. It should be displayed in iTunes when you click on the name of your iPhone.

8.)Almost Done!!!! Now either call 1-800-MY-APPLE or set up an appointment with the Genius Bar.

9.)Put war paint on and get a battle axe and hed to the Apple store for your appointment. Keep in mind, keyword at Apple will be "NO" and likewise dont take "NO" for an answer!

10.) You should be walking out the store looking like this--->

Thanks and GoodLuck!!!
    *Remember this is the from my personal experiance and worked for me and my not for everyone. Dont get mad if Apple gives you the boot out the store with your broken iPhone. This is simply my testimonial and an idea of what you can do to stick it the JOBS!!!

ive never activated my phone on AT&T and i can pull my warranty status of my 4 gig. Im gonna go in a few months to get a new one before the warranty expires. hopefully i get an 8

Thanks

thats dumb.. they usually wont say no. Just restore....

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro