Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 1.1.3 ringtones problem [HELP]

Default iPhone 1.1.3 ringtones problem [HELP]
    I currently have a 1.1.3 unlocked iphone using ZiPhone. I've had it unlocked for quite sometime now but I'm now having a problem with my ringtones. All my custom ringtones from iTunes are showing up and playing when you tap them on the phone in settings-sounds-ringtones. But when someone calls, all it does is play the stock "Blues" ringtone. I also have the Ringtones 3rd party app on my phone. Those ringtones are also working when you tap them. They were all working fine when someone called until just recently. I've tried uninstalling the Ringtones app just to see if that was the problem, but it wasnt. Has anyone heard of this before? And more importantly does anyone have a fix? Trying to avoid a restore here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Phil

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi, I have EXACTLY the same problem ! I've been trying to find an answer everywhere! Can't believe I found someone else!!! I use iphone ringtone maker and i can preview them and select them but that bloody horrible "blues" tone plays everytime! I just read a post that Skrew and Vwallpaper can cause problems for a particular app and Im wondering if this may be the problem , Im just going to uninstall them to see... I was going to delete the "blues" ringtone, but Im having problems connecting using WinSCP as I get a message saying connection refused... please let me know if you found an answer....

fel-699 :-)

Hi, I cracked it, but there is a cost... Do you have Skrew Common installed to run "ringtones" or "Vwallpaper"? I uninstalled Skrew common and i can now select any ringtone instead of that lousy blues one! trouble is... you can no longer run video wallpapers... :-( it's only time before someone writes a fix for this...
    Last edited by fel-699; 2008-05-17 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fel-699 For This Useful Post:

armon (2008-05-29)

im on 1.1.4 and i have this same problem! i tired uninstalling skrew common but it dident work...then i deleted blues from winscp but that made it even worse because now it doesnt play any sound at all! if someone out there knows a fix, please tell me, im desperate.

UPDATE: i got it to work by reinstalling and unstalling skrewcommons again, like you said, and now i can play my normal ringtone again. too bad i cant use vwallpaper anymore tho...
    Last edited by armon; 2008-05-29 at 07:31 AM.