Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone froze

Default iPhone froze
    Hi everybody,
    I was using Fring application for chat.
    All the sudden friend of mine tried to call me on skype and when I answered, I could not hear anything.
    I tried to close the application but the screen froze. After the screen shot down I could not turn the phone on. I plugged it and the screen came on but when i try to slide the key to unlock, it does not move. I tried power button to shut the phone down but no result, nothing changes. I also tried to call me iphone from the home phone and it rings and the screen comes on telling me who is calling but I can not answer the phone, the screen is frozen.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

Try to use iLiberty or ziphone to kick it back into normal mode.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

I can not turn the screen on. How can I do it?
    Thanks

Just plug the phone into its dock, then run any of the above mentioned programs to see if its working.

If not you can try to put your phone into dfu or recovery mode and then try to kick it into normal mode or your very last way out restore back to 1.1.4 via iTunes.

Damn...that blows. I'm not gonna use Fring anymore lest someone calls me on Skype

When I put the phone on dock the screen comes on but in order to access applications I have to slide the button on the screen to unlock, which does not move. All I see is charging battery and the key saying SLIDE TO UNLOCK, which I am trying to slide but would not move.
    Thanks

Ok,

here we go:

Download one of the above mentioned progs on your computer.

Install it and execute the prog on your computer while your phone is connected.

Ziphone for instance, execute it, then click on your needed options e.g. put phone into normal mode.(located under the advanced features)
    Last edited by AotW; 2008-05-16 at 08:36 PM.

Got it.
    Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

your best bet is probably restore. that does not require to touch the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Ako2026 View Post
    Got it.
    Thanks
    Up and working?

Hi I Recently Tried To Use Ibrickr With My Iphone Then After I Ran Itunes To Finish The Process And Now My Iphone Wont Even Boot Up It Just Turns On And A Whole Lot Of White Words Come On The Screen I Though Ok Maybe Its Doing Its Thing But Nope Its Not
    It Was Stuck There For 4 Hours Can Someone Please Tell Me Whats Going On With My Phone Email Me Let Me Know Please Thanks So Much

Quote Originally Posted by AotW View Post
    Up and working?
    I am little bit confused. Can you please give post a thread I can download this app?
    Thanks.

I got it.
    Thanks so much
    Last edited by Ako2026; 2008-05-16 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Everything went back to normal?

Keep us posted.