View Poll Results: Are You Upgrading To iPhone 2.0?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

52 42.98%
  • No

31 25.62%
  • Haven't decided yet

38 31.40%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Poll: Are You Switching To iPhone 2.0?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Thanks

im waiting for the 4.5

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    The new model will use the same firmware (2.0) and that already has been cracked.
    so then all of the apps that are for the 1st gen will work on the new one, right?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

3G is more than just speed. With 3G in most networks, your phone will be connected to the GSM voice network on one frequency and to the HSPDA (3G) network on another frequency, thus allowing you to do data (fetch your email or surf) without sacrificing your voice calls.

In the current iPhone, every time your phone is transmitting data, inbound calls will most likely be sent to your voice mail as if you were unavailable. That is a real bummer if you do a lot of email.

Most of the OS features of iPhone 2.0 will be in the firmware update, available to all of the current iPhone owners upon its release, therefore I think that your incentive in upgrading will solely be based on the new hardware features.

The other incentive may rely on luring you to a participating carrier that may subsidize the device to the point you can't resist.

If Apple implements an organic light-emitting diode (OLED) screen [nothing to do with scanning or something related like said on a previous post], as it is rumored, the upgrade may not only be just the 3G. With an OLED screen, the current iPhone could be much thinner, but Apple may take advantage of the additional space for more power and horsepower, memory, plus a full fledged GPS, and the multiband HSPDA (3G) radio.
    I think there is no urge to change the form factor.
    Plus I think that rather than making it thinner and busting all the invested $$$ by third party accessory manufactures for the current dimensions, Apple will most likely come out with a really beefed up second generation that needs to go head to head and beat RIM's Bold and Thunder so it can more favorable in the corporate market.

In my case I do too much email and 3G is a must because I'm loosing too many calls when fetching/sending my mail. Besides, I miss the snappiness of ATT's 3G network when I had my Moto Q9.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cjvdh's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah my iPhone does everything I need so im sticking to the old one.
    C E E J A Y PRODUCTION'S

If I had a iPhone Version 1.0 I wouldn't be upgrading. It sounds like if you are a data hungry individual who can't just rely on your home wifi network, or "hotspots" for internet access, then you will be upgrading.

I will be buying my first phone next month. Looking forward to what Steve has on offer.
    My current phone's toast and I want an iPhone!

Thanks
    16gb 1st gen is working fine. unlocked and does everything i want. living in the city wifi is everywhere. however, i really miss the 3g from my blackjack on att's network. I will probably wait and see what the initial reaction is going to be from the forum. If they change the headphone jack, i might really consider. Thats my biggest problem, bout some nice headphones and need a f#$%ing adapter.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Probably wait awhile. My 16 is working perfectly, besides, if I really need to get online, I can just use my computer at work or home.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

iPhone? More like MyPhone sdmojaydo619's Avatar
    Thanks

Not for now. I will be stuck with edge for a couple more months

just got my 8gig and it does everything i need it for, the edge thing kinda sucks but thats why i live in NYC so i have wifi practically everywhere so unless the iphone 2 can make me a sandwich or fetch me a beer not getting it anytime soon lol

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

ANYWAYS,IM GONNA UPGRADE!

I, for sure, am gonna get one, but not right when it comes out. When I see that people can unlock and jailbreak them safely, then i'll sell my 1st gen to get the 2nd gen iPhone. For now, i'm happy with my 1st gen iPhone and i can wait (iThink).

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I guess I'm going to upgrade. Who knows what features besides 3G the new iPhone will have. If it's better hardware (3G and camera wise) and software (MMS, widescreen texting, etc, etc), then I will get it and sell my current iPhone on Craigslist. I think I'll also switch over to AT&T.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bomiz96's Avatar
    Thanks

For sure im going to upgrade. I heard zibri can already jailbreak the file system

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kadinh View Post
    so then all of the apps that are for the 1st gen will work on the new one, right?
    From what I understand, the 2.0 firmware is jailbroken, but Installer doesn't work on it yet, so no third party apps yet.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123