View Poll Results: Are You Upgrading To iPhone 2.0?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

52 42.98%
  • No

31 25.62%
  • Haven't decided yet

38 31.40%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Poll: Are You Switching To iPhone 2.0?

Thanks

100% Maybe. I need to see what it looks like, and what are the "actual" new features and the price. Also i need some cash for it lol.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

yeah cash

I will switch if given the proper motivation. That being a decent price with more than modest improvements. 3G alone is not enough to get me to drop another 500 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by french bum View Post
    I will switch if given the proper motivation. That being a decent price with more than modest improvements. 3G alone is not enough to get me to drop another 500 or so.
    yes I totally agree 3G is a very good improvement but not enough, but there are many people like me who want to have the phone so like when the first jailbreak comes they can enjoy doing the procedures. I really had lots of fun going on forums and reading and learning to get to the stage which I am right now (jailbreaked, unlocked, third party apps installed,...) and being afraid of bricking the iPhone (there was no Ziphone 10 months ago) so I'm sure I'll have lots of fun doing the same stuff with iPhone 2. I could just buy an N95 which has 8GB of memory, many apps, 3G, 5MP cam, GPS and the iPhone doesn't have many of those features but I don't care because iPhone is an iPhone an the N95 is just another cell phone.

Thanks

In other word you just like the "i"Phone part of iPhone correct? I think if Microsoft came out with something like the iPhone it wouldnt be such a hit
    EDM

nope you're not getting my point, it doesn't have to do with the "i" Microsoft has windows mobile but compare HTC touch to the iPhone, which one is better?

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

How EXACTLY can you know? You dont know:which NEW features,NEW design,NEW price will be... Noone here knows... We need to wait and then see,if it will be beautiful or not... Otherwise it makes absolutely NO sence...

we know 3G will be of course the more features it would have the higher the motivation to upgrade and yeah the looks of the new iPhone is going to be a big factor for me.

I'm keeping mine for the time being, I have also heard rumors that the 3rd gen iphone will incorporate a special display(hopefully OLED) enabling each individual pixel to act as a camera thus giving the display the ability to scan for fingerprints/business cards and also two way visual communication. I think I'll wait for that to come out before upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by sedjav View Post
    we know 3G will be of course the more features it would have the higher the motivation to upgrade and yeah the looks of the new iPhone is going to be a big factor for me.
    aesthetic wise it's going to be pretty much the same with very minor cosmetic changes.
    Last edited by swifty7; 2008-05-16 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

yes if i manage to sell my first gen for 450 because den i will have enough.

good luck with that as of now any **** and Harry can easily jailbreak/unlock their iphones with no problem. Those fancy hard to unlock/jailbrake days are over, back then you could have sold it for 1k.
    Last edited by swifty7; 2008-05-16 at 04:19 PM.

As a gadget freak my answer would be uncategorically YES but, honestly, 3G means nothing to me since I do my dls, surfing etc... only when at home or at uni where wifi is free. The TV function sounds cool but I live in Sweden where no deal has been announced yet so it would not likely be of any use. GPS is cool and the 2.0 firmware with appstore etc..is very appealing but is it worth the (so far) hypothesized price point? My 8G iPhone works fine right now, and I've got it set up the way I like. Dammit! Ya, I'll probably still buy it the minute it comes out....it's shiny and new so I gotta have it!

I might, but under these conditions only: I sell back my 16GB for what I paid ($525, tax included :P), and it is not more than $100 to get a 2G iPhone 16GB with the money received for said iPhone
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

how long do yall think it will be until they crack it? im interested to see if all the 3rd party apps that are for the 1st gen will work on the 2.0 and if it is "better". that will be the deciding factor for me.
    Last edited by kadinh; 2008-05-16 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kadinh View Post
    how long do yall think it will be until they crack it? im interested to see if all the 3rd party apps that are for the 1st gen will work on the 2.0 and if it is "better". that will be the deciding factor for me.
    The new model will use the same firmware (2.0) and that already has been cracked.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

kadinh (2008-05-19)

Lets see when it comes out(FW and 3G iPhone)...
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AotW View Post
    Lets see when it comes out(FW and 3G iPhone)...
    EXACTLY! We just need to wait though...

Thanks

i have the iphone rite now and i deciding whether to get the new phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sickchris714 View Post
    i have the iphone rite now and i deciding whether to get the new phone
    Hey,Steve Jobs! Hows it going?
    Nobody,exept him,has a picture of 3G iPhone...

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll be getting the new iPhone. I live in a pretty good 3G area and I want an alternative to the EDGE network. 3G will give me better accessibility at work as well as better video streaming, especially with the OrbLive TV. Plus, I'm a geek. Ask anyone I know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast