Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adding videos to your iPhone (Help?)

Default Adding videos to your iPhone (Help?)
    Ok I'm going to type all the steps I've done someone please correct me when I say something incorrectly.

First I got my video, in this 300 avi rip. Then I converted to mpg4 using the ad-free vidoera (for iphone). Then I opened up my itunes after closing my iphoneinterface and synced the movie through itunes. Only problem is the sync won't finish. Not only that. I don't see the movie on my iphone too. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but I thought putting videos on this thign only required 3 steps.

1. Convert.
    2. Sync.
    3. and play.

Ok here is a real important question. After I sync my iphone (adding the video to the iphone's harddrive is it ok to remove that video from my computer ? If I do will it be gone from my iphone ?

Ok, I just realized that I want to turn off auto-sync. The reason why you want to do this is because if you add soemthing to the iphone then remove it from itunes, itunes will remove it from the phone next time you connect it.
    Last edited by Nishua; 2007-08-02 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

FIrst question is are you using mac or pc? if your using a mac you need to put Services.plist back before syncing.

yes you can remove the video from your computer after its on your phone, however, once you resync it , it will not come back and it will be deleted from your phone.

the last part , i think is what i just mentioned about it not coming back. You dont 'need' to turn off auto-sync, you can cancel it from the phone.

Is there any way to add video and other media to your iPhone without using itunes?

not to my knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by arthursdomain View Post
    FIrst question is are you using mac or pc? if your using a mac you need to put Services.plist back before syncing.

yes you can remove the video from your computer after its on your phone, however, once you resync it , it will not come back and it will be deleted from your phone.

the last part , i think is what i just mentioned about it not coming back. You dont 'need' to turn off auto-sync, you can cancel it from the phone.
    I'm using a PC. I just wish there was a a way to keep all my files on my iphone and when I re-synced it, it wouldn't erase ones I removed from itunes. Instead it would just add others.

Yeah, I think it's kind of stupid how it does that...I have dvd's and stuff that i ripped onto my computer to put onto my iphone and i deleted the ripped files to save space on my computers hard drive, next time i synced my phone the dvd's were gone.. If it only worked like the old school ipods where you could delete the songs or videos after their on your ipod and still have them on their after the next sync this would be the best thing out..

Movies/Videos

1. Create a folder on Desktop (for a example)
    2. Add videos (converted ones) to the folder.
    3. Direct itunes to that folder.

Now everytime you Sync your iphone, it will only search for whatever videos that are there. You can keep the videos/movies you want in there, and the ones you dont wan't in there anymore. They won't show up on your iphone.

Photos/Wallpapers

You can do the exact same method as mentioned above.

Music

Since you have PC I suggest the method I use as a PC users and iphone owner.

1. Create a playlist.
    2. Gather the songs you like, and just drag and drop them to the playlist.
    3. Direct your itune to sync the playlist.

Want to add more? But still maintain the current playlist?

1. Repeat the above steps.
    2. Direct your itune to sync both playlists (or more).

Hope this helps
    Last edited by fld; 2007-12-13 at 11:33 PM.

[QUOTE=fld;125676]Movies/Videos

1. Create a folder on Desktop (for a example)
    2. Add videos (converted ones) to the folder.
    3. Direct itunes to that folder.

Now everytime you Sync your iphone, it will only search for whatever videos that are there. You can keep the videos/movies you want in there, and the ones you dont wan't in there anymore. They won't show up on your iphone.

uhmmm how do u direct itunes to that folder? on itunes it only says sync movies, no directory

if uc an help me plz uhmm help me lol
    Last edited by Makik; 2008-01-15 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost