Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.0.4 hacked firmware and itunes syncronisation

Default 1.0.4 hacked firmware and itunes syncronisation
    hi,

a friend of mine has an old 1.0.4-firmware-hacked iphone. he gets the iphone from someone who said, that he should not connect the iphone with his mac, because itunes would register the iphone to apple and the hack would not work afterwards.

does anyone know, if this is correct for the old 1.0.4-firmware? he would like to sync now music with his iphone, so he would need itunes, or?

i don't really have experiences with iphones, so I would like to leave 1.0.4 on his iphone and don't try newer firmwares (at least not before version 2.0 comes in june/july).

thanks for your suggestions!

kh

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

yeh um iv never heard of 1.0.4 theres 1.0 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, 1.1.4. and i just wouldnt update with itunes cuz it will ruin ur jailbreak. haha and i would highly suggest getting new firmware, seeing u have a nice old one i would go to 1.1.2 or 1.1.3, but 1.1.2 is super awsome and stable but dosent have wiggly icons
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

I suggest you turn off the phone. Hold in the home button, and plug in your iPhone. iTunes should recognise it in Restore Mode. Then restore you iPhone to 1.1.4. Then just use ZiPhone to jailbreak and unlock if you need to. Then just install all your apps and you can now sync fine.
    I have no idea how you got 1.0.4. Maybe someone got funny and changed the SystemVerson.plist. There is no such firmware...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP