Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G

Default iPhone 3G
    Hello,

I recently purchased a brand new iPhone. After 5 days of use, I enjoyed it very much. The only real major thing for me was the Edge network speed. It was a pain browsing the web and youtube with Edge enabled other than WiFi. I started to read news websites, blog posts, and such saying that iPhone will be releasing 3G version. I am planning on returning the iPhone 2G and wait for the 3G version, since I DO and WILL probably use it more than WiFi. Will the iPhone 3G release in atleast 2-3 months from now? Or should I stick with my iPhone 2G.

And also, Does anyone know if Apple will UPGRADE any of the features of the iPhone if they do release the iPhone 3G (Ex: Camera zoom/flash and pixels, ability to delete messages and inboxes faster, things of these sorts)? Or are they ONLY upgrading it from 2G to 3G and keep the exact same features?

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

if you really need 3G, your probably better of waiting for it to come out. I don't know about any other features but I did hear that the 3G iPhone will be more expensive.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

First its not 2g. 3g is how it sends data. lol. yes i have heard that there will be a few upgrades but no one can be sure untill the release.. The buzz is that the iphone will be out in june july some time. and everyone will be able to get the new firmware that will be on iphone 2
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

3g does not merit replacing my working iphone...i dont use data enough for that, if i need hi speed transfers i have my att tilt for that

The 3G iPhone is not going to get my money. Steve Jobs planned this out. 3G has been available for quite some time--the technology has been there for quite some time now, and all of his excuses for not including it were nil. The same goes for crippling the current phone's camera.

This has been about money all along. He released a great phone that was lacking a few major features that people have been asking for, but he did it knowing that people would still run out and buy it--hype, fashion, geek/gadget lovers--whatever the reason may be it still is one of the best selling phones. So hey--let's put what it should have had included a year later, get all the sales from on the fence converts, and everyone who bought one last year will gladly drop another 600 for this one as well.

I'm no chump. I'm not buying it unless it gets next to free or my current phone dies. --And I'm pretty well off and successful--but principle keeps me from buying into the hype machine that is Apple's 3G iPhone. My hacked phone does everything I could ask for.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You only have 2 weeks to return your phone.. and will pay a 10% restocking fee so you better do it quick if you're going to decide one way or another.