Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone wont allow adding songs or movies

Default New iPhone wont allow adding songs or movies
    I fried my iPhone yesterday and took it to the Apple store this morning. They replaced it. I hadn't my ATT card but the guy did something to "activate" it. I was able to slide to unlock and see the main springboard. There was no emergency screen like on a new one.

I got home, put in my ATT sim card and can phone and surf as normal. I even jailbroke it and installed applications. the problem is as soon as I connect to iTunes, it shows the Iphone page with big letters saying iPhone and iTunes tries to connect to the Apple Store. It bombs out with an error message "We could not complete your iTunes store request....."

I can't upload songs or movies or do anything with iTunes now at all.

haven't got a clue what the problem is. It seems like itunes is trying to activate the phone.

Weird...........

r u doing it over Edge or WiFi? It only works when you're on an actual WiFi network at your house or a hotspot.

Wouldn't work with anything but in the end I did a complete restore and then jailbreak and we are back to normal. Syncing everything now. I guess the Apple genius guy did some kind of partial activate on the phone. He said I would need to activate it using my ATT sim. I could use the phone OK but not the "ipod" bit. strange, but working fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by msilver54 View Post
    r u doing it over Edge or WiFi? It only works when you're on an actual WiFi network at your house or a hotspot.
    Please do not post input if you have no idea what you are talking about

Glad the OP got it resolved.