Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery draining too fast

Default Battery draining too fast
    Hi guys,
    May be somebody can help me. I'm using 1.1.4 8GB Iphone(upgraded from 1.1.1 , used iLiberty+) and it started to draining to fast 4-5 days ago.Too fast means it does not stand for 1 full day even I don't use it much. I don't know either there is any connection or not, when I restart/reboot it, apple logo blinks twice and dissolves. As I remember, it was different before. I even tried to stop non Apple services by UIctl, but I does not help so much...

Any idea?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Install BossPrefs and make sure you toggle off Wi-Fi and SSH. If you are running vWallaper ans stare at your screen all day this could do it. If you have an email client set up that checks too frequently this could do it. Any recent apps installed in the last week?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

mengo (2008-05-13)

Also ensure that under Settings-General-Auto Lock is set to 1 - 2 minutes. I find that when this is set to never it kills my bat life.

Hope it helps

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gavin_T For This Useful Post:

mengo (2008-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Install BossPrefs and make sure you toggle off Wi-Fi and SSH. If you are running vWallaper ans stare at your screen all day this could do it. If you have an email client set up that checks too frequently this could do it. Any recent apps installed in the last week?
    Thank you for reply...I did everything to maximize battery life including autolock period & brightness reduction, and stopping services by UIctl. But it helped so much... I have installed these applications last week: navizon, videorecorder, welyrics, instafresh, MACalc and vWallpaper. I just uninstalled some of them including vWallpaper... Hope it will be better... But I'm afraid it will end up with restoration...

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin_T View Post
    Also ensure that under Settings-General-Auto Lock is set to 1 - 2 minutes. I find that when this is set to never it kills my bat life.

Hope it helps
    I already did whatever you recommend, didn't help

Maybe it's time for you to restore your iphone and reload. I've read that someone else had similar problem.

Thanks

Ive had good luck by making sure mail, safari. ipod, and any games are not running in the background by using sys info and shutting them off. Also respring the springboard frequently and reboot at least daily.

I will also concur that shutting wifi off when you aren't using it or are in a poor or intermittent wifi signal area will help immensely! In my experience I haven't noticed as big an improvement by toggling SSH off as others have but it does have a small impact.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

mengo (2008-05-16)

mine was doing the same thing. i think navizon was the culprit. i restored and batt life is all good now

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 1sick94hb For This Useful Post:

mengo (2008-05-16)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Where do you go on the phone to turn of SSH?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rwfanatic For This Useful Post:

mengo (2008-05-16)

There have been a bunch of suggestions on the resaon of this problem different forums around:

- Navizon(uninstalling it ddin't make any difference to me)
    - Bootloader 3.9 when running 1.1.4(reflashing to 4.6 didn't help me)
    - EDGE always working actively - 1.1.4 related
    - Wifi doesn't turn off as it should when iPhone i locked - 1.1.4 related
    - Using Push or IMAP in the mail causes a loop getting new emails, which makes the iPhone trying to download the same email over and over again(this I'm pretty sure is the answer, since I disabled my IMAP and set up an gmail account just for testing I have no battery problem at all)

The lastest thing I read would solve this is restore the iPhone to 1.1.4 AFTER upgrading the bootloader to 4.6. This I haven't tried yet and only read from one other person.
    Hopefully this would solve use of IMAP to put the mail in the loop i mentioned.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to theplague For This Useful Post:

mengo (2008-05-16)

I did most of the suggested thing above, unfortunately didn't work. Yesterday I had problems in calling. When I was trying to call, it was showing continuous calling screen without any sound, and when I wanted to end call it was not working. Then when I press home button and then to phone, it was showing the same caller screen...
    It was like nightmare...It was my birthday and people were trying to reach me...I even wished to buy Nokia again...

Then looked at processes from Sysinfo, and saw that WeLyrics trying to interfere with Phone.app...
    I immediately uninstalled it, and now battery life is improved, but still I think restoration is mandatory...

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

1.1.3 is ur friend. and come on its an ipod it will never have battery like a regular cell phone.........because it is the best cell in the known universe. awsomeness requires lots of juice. i try to deal, i have a spare phone in my car so if im out to long or dont have charger i always got a "norm" phone lying around
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    1.1.3 is ur friend. and come on its an ipod it will never have battery like a regular cell phone.........because it is the best cell in the known universe. awsomeness requires lots of juice. i try to deal, i have a spare phone in my car so if im out to long or dont have charger i always got a "norm" phone lying around
    Sorry, your guess is not true...
    This is definitely iPhone 1.1.4 with BL3.9...
    But I notice that battery life is more less back again after uninstallation of weLyrics...

Thank you for your advice...