Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help getting iphone out of DFU mode

Default Need help getting iphone out of DFU mode
    Hi i have an 8GB iphone running 1.1.4

i'm using windows vista ultimate 32-bit

i used iphone pc suite to turn off my iphone then i manually turned the phone on by sleep/wake button then my iphone showed the apple logo for more than 3 seconds and i thought it was frozen so i used the sleep and home buttons together at the same time to reset it and i holded it to long and it went into DFU mode and now all it shows is the connect to itunes image

please give me helpful ways to save my iphone i don't want to restore since i don't have a backup and i have very important files

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This is not DFU mode. This is standard recovery mode. Download Ziphone (www.ziphone.org) or iLiberty (www.theiphoneproject.org). Both of these programs have features to kick it out of recovery mode.

Or iDemocracy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    This is not DFU mode. This is standard recovery mode. Download Ziphone (ZiPhone's Blog) or iLiberty (theiphoneproject). Both of these programs have features to kick it out of recovery mode.
    i have tryed them both when i use them my iphone just restarts and goes back to connect to itunes image

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheWang View Post
    Or iDemocracy!!!
    is there a windows version? and how do i use it?
    Last edited by Sixpack872; 2008-05-15 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If all else fails... RESTORE. Maybe your last option... even though you don't want to.

Oh.. and when you used ziphone and iliberty you used the advanved option "boot phone in normal mode" correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    If all else fails... RESTORE. Maybe your last option... even though you don't want to.

Oh.. and when you used ziphone and iliberty you used the advanved option "boot phone in normal mode" correct?
    yes

my iphone still won't load