Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there a way to show MORE icons?

Default Is there a way to show MORE icons?
    Hey all...

got a great iPhone (1.0.2 still which is fine for me!) and I have just loaded on extra apps. thing is, I now have "filled" up all the icon grid and there are 2 app icons "missing"

is there a way to show MORE than the 16 icons....ie a "page 2" sort of way?

?

jim

did you manually install your apps?

um...I first put Installer on the iPhone, and it's the most latest/recent one....Installer3 it is I think.

but I've also heard that some folks (I'm a canuck, so this is a "fixed" iPhone, if you get my drift here) have had lotsa troubles with this Summerboard....so I'm not running it.

Jim

I don't believe there are any other ways to scroll the homescreen on 1.0.2 I know on 1.1.1. You can manually patch the springboard to allow sideways scrolling, but on 1.0.2 you are most likely SOL. Just upgrade and enjoy life!

Reako

On 1.1.1 you can slide the main screen across to show the rest of the icons.

um...thanks...but I'm still running 1.0.2

does Summerboard work with that OS? and if so how? I used installer to load same and it's not working at all..ie I can not pick a new theme, then hit reload Springboard which properly restarts the iPhone -- but there is no change at all. same old icons and no "moving" across to the left....

???

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JVRudnick View Post
    um...thanks...but I'm still running 1.0.2

does Summerboard work with that OS? and if so how? I used installer to load same and it's not working at all..ie I can not pick a new theme, then hit reload Springboard which properly restarts the iPhone -- but there is no change at all. same old icons and no "moving" across to the left....

???

Jim
    Summerboard works with your springboard. Use SMBPrefs. to change themes

Yes, SummerBoard is your answer.
    Don't know why there is so much confusion...

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    Yes, SummerBoard is your answer.
    Don't know why there is so much confusion...
    Thank you

Default nope - not on my 1.0.2!
    used Installer - loaded Summerboard 2.1 - tried various themes - restarted - nada!!

no themes ever showed up!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just choose the theme then press the home button.

having the same problem....installed some extra stuff with installer...now some icons just disappeared from main grid... (installer is one of them) how to uinstall some stuff or slide to other apps page?

Default And again -- I repeat -- Summerboard don't WORK!
    I believe I've installed Summerboard 2.1 properly. I have also added a couple of Themes from Installer 3.1 too. I open up Summerboard PRFs, pick a new theme and then restart. Nothing. No change to my Springboard display.

So, I pick a diff Theme, then hit the Restart the Springboard button down at the bottom of the Summerboard PRFs display -- the iPhone restarts, and nada. Nothing. No change to the default iPhone display.

In other words, I believe I'm properly trying to enable the Themes, but they are not working on my iPhone 1.0.2. Nor btw, will ANY of the other options on the Summerboard PRFs display. Nothing works.

So...can someone offer up here an actual email to the guy who dev Summerboard? Can't find that anywhere so I can't send off a "hey, does it work on a 1.0.2 iPhone?" query -- cause for me, it doesn't.

Anyone?

Oh, as well, yes, adding Summerboard to my grid of icons "pushes" off others I'd already installed. That is, the iPhone seems to have a fixed limit of 16 icons -- and no more even tho Summerboard IS installled!

Jim
    Last edited by JVRudnick; 2007-11-13 at 03:08 PM.

I think the problem may be that you are using the newest version of Summerboard, which is designed for 1.1.1.

Uninstall that version, then go to Installer and find "Summerboard (Old)" it is the one that works with your firmware. Keep in mind the old version only has verticle scrolling and I think it has less options.

Also, some of the themes you download online may not work with it. Your best bet to get the fullness out of your phone I think would be just to update to 1.1.1.

Default Installer has BOTH Summerboards...
    Yup, tried BOTH the older one (2.1) and the newer one -- and NEITHER work. Both have various Themes, installed many of each -- NONE work.

Could someone here -- if there is someone -- who HAS a 1.0.2 and Summerboard history pls respond.

I only need to know that it SHOULD work -- and then I can try the folks over at iphone.nullriver.com to see what they have to say...

Jim

I have 1.0.2. All i did was install summerboard(Old) and turn phone off and then back on. After that everything worked fine. Try that way if you havent already. It should work
    Also if that doesnt work you can always download ilauncher through installer. That app keeps all your non apple apps in it. So when you launch it you will see all of your apps.

Jordan
    1.0.2 Locked
    Downgraded
    Jailbroken
    Last edited by jrdan24; 2007-11-13 at 04:57 PM.

Dock would work as well.

its a little sunburst in the right hand corner that when you slide your finger over it, it brings up and scrolls through your applications.

I love that program, with summerboard, i have no icons on my screen and all are only accessible using the dock sunburst!!!!

great - thanks jrdan. Thing is now, that I do NOT have Summerboard in my Installer3.1 anymore? it's missing? can you point me to where I can get this Summerboard(Old) app?

Jim

PS Dock? will check that out too, thanks mike!

Default All fixed! Summerboard installed!
    hey...thanks all. just wanted to say that after some help on another forum, I was able to install Summerboard properly and now I've got like lotsa themes.

cool cool app...

one furhter question tho...is there a "random" add on that will change my theme each time you startup? ie so that it would be a "surprise" each time?

that'd be cool too!

Jim