Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Someone please post their 1.1.1 MobileSafari.app??

Thanks

Exclamation Someone please post their 1.1.1 MobileSafari.app??
    Hey I was looking around the MobileSafari app for a way to change the default search engine. I want to use Ask.com but my only options are Google or Yahoo!. I found an XML file called Static Bookmarks USA and in that file there was a little code with links to Yahoo! and Google. I tried changing one of them to Ask.com, then restarted the Springboard. The Safari icon is completely gone now and it isn't even showing up when I bring up the sunburst for Dock in the bottom right corner. The MobileSafari app is still there when I look in Finder, but if I turn on "Application Launch" and double tap on it, the phone seems to think about it for a second and then just go back to the homescreen. I changed the file back to the way it was but still no Safari icon. Could anyone with the 1.1.1 firmware copy their MobileSafari.app to their computer and then post it on here for me please?? I feel like it's the only other thing I could do unless anyone else has any ideas...

Thanks

Yeah I went there but if you look at the date that was posted, it has to be copies of 1.0.1 not 1.1.1 which is what I have. The files are different and there are some called "Static Bookmarks" that support different languages so I don't think adding this file will help. If anyone with 1.1.1 has WinSCP it would be really easy to post your Mobile Safari.app. If anyone is willing, but doesnt know how, I could explain in more detail how to do it and be very very grateful......

Next time be a little more considerate with forum cleanliness. The Mods spend countless hours organizing posts from users such as yourself who have no respect. Posting the same request in 6 sections is useless and will label you as trolling...

Reako
    Last edited by Reako; 2007-11-12 at 09:34 PM.

ColPhorbin, please do not post more then one thread on the same topic. That is spam and can get you banned.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to k0mpresd For This Useful Post:

ColPhorbin (2007-11-14)

Thanks

To everyone mad at me: Can you truthfully tell me that if you lost internet access completely on your iPhone (not just connection but Safari completely) you would calmly start just one thread in one area of the forum. By the way there isn't really a good place for this thread anywhere so it ends up in General iPhone chat?? If there was a Help section or something, I obviously would have posted just one thread there. Sorry if I really needed Safari last night and I was trying to get it fixed during the day

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ColPhorbin View Post
    To everyone mad at me: Can you truthfully tell me that if you lost internet access completely on your iPhone (not just connection but Safari completely) you would calmly start just one thread in one area of the forum. By the way there isn't really a good place for this thread anywhere so it ends up in General iPhone chat?? If there was a Help section or something, I obviously would have posted just one thread there. Sorry if I really needed Safari last night and I was trying to get it fixed during the day
    yep i could calmly post once no problem it is just a phone after all. its rude to post the same thing all over the place. respect the work we do here.

Thanks

Have you given any thought to a Help section in the forum because it could be a good idea and might clean up threads in general. Whenever there is a new Native App Launch, the first 4 pages are a bunch of people like "what is cdmod? how do i set it to 0755? i installed this but it isnt working etc..." and a thread in the help section might assist some of those people

Quote Originally Posted by k0mpresd View Post
    Replaced my current Safari files with this and it worked perfectly. I'm really not sure what it was but it's working now so thanks so much

p.s. you've been "officially" thanked by the way
    Last edited by ColPhorbin; 2007-11-14 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

that was the complete folder, zipped, and up'd

if you need any more 1.1.1 files pm me

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

Have you given any thought to a Help section in the forum because it could be a good idea and might clean up threads in general. Whenever there is a new Native App Launch, the first 4 pages are a bunch of people like "what is cdmod? how do i set it to 0755? i installed this but it isnt working etc..." and a thread in the help section might assist some of those people

Replaced my current Safari files with this and it worked perfectly. I'm really not sure what it was but it's working now so thanks so much

p.s. you've been "officially" thanked by the way
    yep well since the forum is all about help a help section wouldn't do much good. My thought is not allowing any new members to post for ten days so they have time to read and figure out what is going in here instead of just swamping me with crap posts all over the place . . . but i'm just not that mean yet . . . in time I am sure I can learn, if I really try hard.

Um nope can't say that I would post in every forum. I would probably do the normal thing, Restore. And Cash, I can help you get angry, by multiposting several topics in different sections if you would like. Maybe the wrong section for everything? Whichever works..

Reako

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

you know i coded in a nice one touch ban button just for those situations right?

I'll walk away on that note...

Reako

hey,

how do you replace ur current safari..teach me..
    cos my safari also not work properly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    any cchance someone could upload the 1.1.2 mobilesafari.app?

i tried the 1.1.1 but it just hangs and crashes.

I'm looking too.. just having a problem right now with mobilesafari.app 1.1.2

i installed the new safari but now when i open it it like doesnt do anything. when i click on the adress bar nothing happens and when i hit bookmarks and tabs, etc.
    HELP! please =)