Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no sounds!!

Default no sounds!!
    two days ago i plugged my iphone into my dock and instead of the dock noise it vibrated, ever since then my phone has no sound(ringtone, dock noise, sms, etc) anyhelp would be awsome.

I Installed V Wallpaper And Had The Same Thing Happen, Had To Restore Then All Was Fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Try Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings

Quote Originally Posted by skruffy00 View Post
    two days ago i plugged my iphone into my dock and instead of the dock noise it vibrated, ever since then my phone has no sound(ringtone, dock noise, sms, etc) anyhelp would be awsome.
    Okay this is a dumb suggestion, and please don't think I am insulting your intelligence
    I consider myself good at phones and stuff, and once I had a similar issue. It took me few hrs to realize that I had accidentally toggled the volume button (left side of the phone, kinna near the top edge )

Again, i don't want to insult your intelligence, but sometimes we humans tend to ignore the simplest of things

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ajrulez For This Useful Post:

LGgeek (2011-01-14)

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajrulez View Post
    Okay this is a dumb suggestion, and please don't think I am insulting your intelligence
    I consider myself good at phones and stuff, and once I had a similar issue. It took me few hrs to realize that I had accidentally toggled the volume button (left side of the phone, kinna near the top edge )

Again, i don't want to insult your intelligence, but sometimes we humans tend to ignore the simplest of things
    Thanks for insulting my intelligence (just kidding) ,my sounds went away all of a sudden and couldn't figure it out. I was uninstalling and reinstalling apps. Then did a search here and saw your post, somehow the mute switch had been toggled (not something I normally do) , flip switch and my sounds are back. You are correct how we tend to overlook the simple things.
    Thanks
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.