Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Big Problem Plz Help

Default Big Problem Plz Help
    Hi

i have had my iphone for 3 weeks now and a soon as i got it i unlocked and jailbreaked it .

but i had to restore my iphone 2 days ago and i acsidently restored to the iphone 2.0 beta 5 and of cource i got the pink screen and itunes told me to regester my device to the developlers program .

so i put it into restore mode and clicked restore and selected the 1.1.4 and then i got a message saying " unknowen eror 1604" and tried it again and again and got the same message .

i have searched this forum and google and apple suport and then tried lots of different things :

Uninstalling itunes then reinstalling itunes .
    *putting it into DFU mode in ziphone and iliberty but it does not reconise the iphone.
    *restarting my mac
    *making a new acount on my mac and trying it on there
    *trying it on another pc and mac they did not reconise the iphone.
    *downloading the 1.1.4 firmware agian .
    *trying another firmware 1.1.1 , 1.1.2, 1.1.3

no luck on any thing .

no programes or other computers reconises the iphone exept itunes on my mac .

the only firmware i can restore to is the 2.0 betas but i can do anything on then as i just get the pink screen but the other computers will reconise it with the 2.0 beta on it and ziphone and iliberty will but they wont reconise it when it is in recovery mode but itunes on my mac will ,strange.

Is my iphone bricked or is it fixable .

Can some one plz plz plz plz plz help me.

thanks josh

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Well it doesn't want to downgrade your firmware b/c the baseband has been upgraded to 4.05. If no program will recognize the phone to virginze/refurbish/erase baseband... then I have no clue how you're going to downgrade.