Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no service, no signal, error with network selection

Default no service, no signal, error with network selection
    I have an iPhone (version 1.1.4 and modem firmware 04.04.05_G)

this iphone recurrent is losing the signal and stays in a "NO service" state.
    When i try to set up manually the carrier (setting, carrier) sometimes i got an "error" (with no more information). Sometimes i can set up the carrier but in some hours or days again goes to "No Service".

I tried with differente SIMs, dowgrading (and testing) the firmware to 1.1.2 and 1.1.3, and installing again 1.1.4. I used to unlock the iphone iLiberty and Ziphone.... But it is the same scenario...after some days the iphone starts to loose the signal again.
    The signal has sometimes 4 lines, and the next moment 1 line, 2 lines, etc...and again does to "no service".

it seems more a software problem rather than a Hw one, because if i reinstall the firmware the iphone works a few days.

Do you know a fix for this problem?
    Thanks a lot

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

What service provider are you trying to use the phone on? Also you're better off keeping the carrier selection on Automatic from my experience.

the service provider is Entel. (in Chile, South America)
    I tried with carrier selection in automatic and also in manual.....same issue
    My sim works fine in other iphones....and with other sim (other carrier also) in my iphone is the same

I had a similar problem, eventually it wouldnt get service at all, edge wouldnt work, I couldnt make or receive calls txt messages ect. I had to send it to apple to repair, they sent me a new one. I did jailbreak it but i resotred it before i sent it. they had no problem sending me a new one.

Default same problem here, does anyone have a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by joarias View Post
    I have an iPhone (version 1.1.4 and modem firmware 04.04.05_G)

When i try to set up manually the carrier (setting, carrier) sometimes i got an "error" (with no more information). Sometimes i can set up the carrier but in some hours or days again goes to "No Service".

I tried with differente SIMs, dowgrading (and testing) the firmware to 1.1.2 and 1.1.3, and installing again 1.1.4. I used to unlock the iphone iLiberty and Ziphone.... But it is the same scenario...after some days the iphone starts to loose the signal again.
    The signal has sometimes 4 lines, and the next moment 1 line, 2 lines, etc...and again does to "no service".

it seems more a software problem rather than a Hw one, because if i reinstall the firmware the iphone works a few days.

Thanks a lot
    i have the exact same problem as joarias described. i restored down to 1.1.1 and virginized then restored to 1.1.4 then winpawn'd. my phone will work for about a half a day and then the "no service" symptoms will start. first, the phone loses signal and the phone cuts in and out. then, it'll have no signal for minutes at a time, then hours at a time and finally just nothing. as if it slowly loses stability.

has anyone else dealt with this problem and fixed it? the only thread i've read has people taking their phone apart and taping the inside of their back panel, which doesn't seam to be a viable solution for my problem. Honestly, any input, successful or unsuccessful, will be appreciated.
    Last edited by platinumigloo; 2008-05-27 at 07:01 AM.

Thanks a lot